User Tag List

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Non-Arrivals and Goodbyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Well we may have dodged a bullet Coutinho close to agreeing a loan deal with Villa https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ona-midfielder.
    This goes along with his wish to move to a premiership team with ambition
    Please let that happen! I'm so fucking bored of Coutinho-to-Arsenal talk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would have taken Coutinho on loan. Too expensive and past his best for a permanent deal but there’s no doubt he’s the kind of player who’s capable of making an explosive impact at least for the short term.

I don’t believe we have many big game players at the moment who can turn matches with moments of brilliance. We have a solid enough team but it’s a team that’s also lost 7 times, with most of those defeats being against the teams we want to compete with.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 07-01-2022 at 10:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Please let that happen! I'm so fucking bored of Coutinho-to-Arsenal talk.
    Done deal signed for Villa on loan with an option to buy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done deal signed for Villa on loan with an option to buy
    Oh well, at least we'll get 5-6 months off before it starts again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like Palace plus another PL club are trying to buy Nketiah - let's hope that goes through...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like we're going hard for Vlahovic from Fiorentina.

Never seen him play.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ticks pretty much every box as a CF - really is a complete striker. Just question marks over whether he’s sold on Arsenal.

Can’t really blame him for that, tbh - most non-Arsenal fans even in this country haven’t really been paying much attention to what we’ve been doing until recently either, so I’m not surprised we’ve gone under most players’ radars on the content. We really have been a complete non-event for neutrals for a while now, if not an outright joke!

All the same though, I’d only push for him if his stance towards us has changed and he now sees this as a project that he really wants to be a part of. Otherwise I’d move on to other targets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    sounds like Palace plus another PL club are trying to buy Nketiah - let's hope that goes through...
    Probably Brighton - basically all the clubs that could have easily had him in the summer!

Although I also wouldn’t be surprised if we made one final attempt to keep him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While we're still in cup competitions Arteta will pick Nketiah hoping to convince him to sign another contract, but unless he starts a few premiership games (which with injuries AFCON apart) isn't going to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While we're still in cup competitions Arteta will pick Nketiah hoping to convince him to sign another contract, but unless he starts a few premiership games (which with injuries AFCON apart) isn't going to happen.
    I can still see a future for Eddie if he can be converted to a wide forward. As a CF, though? I wouldn’t really want to use him there any more regularly than we think about playing Martinelli there, and would probably rather sell. We’ve already got that kind of CF option in Auba and it’s clearly not what we’re building around - what does Eddie do as a CF that’s any different to Auba?

What we do clearly have a preference for is energetic wide-forwards who press hard, force turnovers and pop up in those half spaces to score. We tried to convert Auba to be that kind of forward, but he either wasn’t willing or wasn’t able. And we’ve spent the last year working on Martinelli in the background to get him ready and he’s been an absolute revelation there since coming back into the side! Could something similar be done with Eddie? And would he be willing? The worry I have with him is that he might have a bit if the Ainsleys about him where he’d rather be an average CF for a shite team than do the job that needs doing in a good team.