User Tag List

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Non-Arrivals and Goodbyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    if you believe what's been written in the tabloids.
    i don't read them precisely because i don't believe a word of the BS they write

99% of the problems in this country are caused by reading them and believing them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

99% of the problems in this country are caused by reading them and believing them
    Yep! Especially the Guardian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

Aye, me neither. Mind you if you did believe them you would think no players ever want to join us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Yep! Especially the Guardian
    it's a broadsheet not a tabloid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    The Vlahovic deal if we ever got that far seems pretty messy if you believe what's been written in the tabloids. I get Locatelli vibes about it too as like Gooner 23 said. I think Vlahovic like Locatelli may have been interested in a move here until his agent and other clubs got in his ear. To be honest, the Vlahovic interest is probably similar to the Tielemans interest, these are players that would likely join us only if we were the only suitors...but like Vlahovic, I suspect Tielemans will wait till the summer to see who really firms up their interest in him. Unless we get top 4, both players aren't obrtainable and I think we will be far down the list for both players if any of the top 4 including Man United show interest let alone any of the leading European clubs.
    Tbh, I follow the stories just long enough to get a feel for whether our interest is genuine or not. After that, if it happens it happens - no need to sit through the rest of the same, tedious script they use for every transfer. We all know how that goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know whether our interest in Vlahovic and Melo will come to anything or not, but we're clearly clearing space for something - must be confident of something happening, even if it's neither of those two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mari has gone on loan to Udinese. Another bum signing from Edu and his cronies bites the dust.

Our squad is looking horribly thin. We need at least 4-5 signings this summer. Hopefully we can find one or two before the end of the month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Mari has gone on loan to Udinese. Another bum signing from Edu and his cronies bites the dust.

Our squad is looking horribly thin. We need at least 4-5 signings this summer. Hopefully we can find one or two before the end of the month.
    The scary thing is we could just keep going and going - Aubameyang, Lacazette, Nketiah, Elneny and Leno will be gone by the summer (if not sooner), Pepe and Cedric if we can find anyone stupid enough to take them, Xhaka's been trying to leave for about 2 years now, can't see a future for Holding and Chambers... there's probably only 12 players in our senior squad who I'd say are safe.

At least we can bring Saliba back as soon as the season ends - that's a start. And maybe Balogun will come back from his loan a little more ready, at least for the bench?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post

At least we can bring Saliba back as soon as the season ends - that's a start. And maybe Balogun will come back from his loan a little more ready, at least for the bench?
    You're forgetting that Saliba's "not ready"

as for Balogun, why he was sent on loan at all is beyond me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    The scary thing is we could just keep going and going - Aubameyang, Lacazette, Nketiah, Elneny and Leno will be gone by the summer (if not sooner), Pepe and Cedric if we can find anyone stupid enough to take them, Xhaka's been trying to leave for about 2 years now, can't see a future for Holding and Chambers... there's probably only 12 players in our senior squad who I'd say are safe.

i would keep holding and chambers as we do need fringe players unless they really want to move. the rest will be gone and we will have no strikers