User Tag List

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Non-Arrivals and Goodbyes

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky are reporting the other reports in Italy that Vlahovic is in talks with Juventus although they haven't agreed a fee yet?

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...not-considered

Different knock.

Looks like this one is done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    If reports are to be believed we have spent since the summer chasing his signature and he doesn't even want to come?!?! Why haven't we moved on and looked at alternative targets? Maybe there is more to it than what is being reported......
    Think we have been played on this one. We were obviously given some encouragement somewhere along the line by either player or agent but looks like it was to draw Juve out.

Have to move on to other targets now but can't imagine many teams wanting to lose their best striker at this stage of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Think we have been played on this one. We were obviously given some encouragement somewhere along the line by either player or agent but looks like it was to draw Juve out.

Have to move on to other targets now but can't imagine many teams wanting to lose their best striker at this stage of the season.
    I guess it’s only really a waste of our time if it turns out there were other strong options available? If not, and none of our other targets are budging until the summer, then the only people’s time we’re wasting are his, his agent’s and Fiorentina’s!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Sky are reporting the other reports in Italy that Vlahovic is in talks with Juventus although they haven't agreed a fee yet?

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...not-considered

Different knock.

Looks like this one is done.
    How are Juve affording this with their debt? Is this another one of their 6-year loan proposals? Feels like they’re heading for a pretty major rebalancing at some point…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post

Yep, Locatelli all over again.

No idea what kind of business we are going to do if any now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yep, Locatelli all over again.

No idea what kind of business we are going to do if any now.
    Yeah, I'm at a loss now.

I guess there's no great urgency to get a CM any more - I'd still like to bring another strong option in to give us a boost for the run-in, but we're already past the point where it would have been helpful to see us through our crisis period. I think the club would still like to bring a midfielder in, but by the same token there's no longer any pressure there to push them to take any deal they're not 100% happy with - wouldn't be surprised if this one comes to nothing now.

Striker is still critical, but I'm really struggling to come up with any names who are a) available now, and b) would have an immediate impact? A lot of the non-Vlahovic names we're being linked with are either summer moves, or don't look like they'd be much of a step-up from Laca and Eddie, or look like they could be potentially be something special... but in 6-12 months time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juve agree a deal for Vlahovic. 62m.

Us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Yeah, I'm at a loss now.

I guess there's no great urgency to get a CM any more - I'd still like to bring another strong option in to give us a boost for the run-in, but we're already past the point where it would have been helpful to see us through our crisis period. I think the club would still like to bring a midfielder in, but by the same token there's no longer any pressure there to push them to take any deal they're not 100% happy with - wouldn't be surprised if this one comes to nothing now.

Striker is still critical, but I'm really struggling to come up with any names who are a) available now, and b) would have an immediate impact? A lot of the non-Vlahovic names we're being linked with are either summer moves, or don't look like they'd be much of a step-up from Laca and Eddie, or look like they could be potentially be something special... but in 6-12 months time.
    Sounds like Juve have agreed a fee, we do need a striker - Dominic CL could be one to go for 24, Everton are in a worse state than us and could perhaps do with raising funs to overhaul squad. He is a decent player and potentially allows us to play two ways with both height and pace. But he would be our main striker signing for that money. Isak had a good Euros but not been as useful this year.

never seen that Canadian guy we have been linked with play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Sounds like Juve have agreed a fee, we do need a striker - Dominic CL could be one to go for 24, Everton are in a worse state than us and could perhaps do with raising funs to overhaul squad. He is a decent player and potentially allows us to play two ways with both height and pace. But he would be our main striker signing for that money. Isak had a good Euros but not been as useful this year.

never seen that Canadian guy we have been linked with play.
    DCL... of all the players we've been linked with I guess he's probably the most likely to come in and start getting us goals straight away, which is the immediate need. But £60m?!! Ngl, that would hurt.

Isak looks the complete opposite: very high ceiling with a bit of work, but can he come straight in and score enough goals to fire us to top 4 between now and May? Might take us 6-12 months to mould him into the kind of striker we want him to be. That being said, if he's actually prepared to shoot, can score more than nothing and can last for more than 60 minutes before he's puffing (and does little things like show up for training and NLDs) then he'll be an instant upgrade!

Jonathan David is probably my first choice for the 2nd striker signing that we'll need to make over the next couple of windows (if that makes sense?) - a real swiss army knife of a forward, who can use both feet (always high on my wishlist) and fill in anywhere, so he wouldn't just warm the bench behind whoever else we go for. Doesn't look like he'll be going anywhere until the summer though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    DCL... of all the players we've been linked with I guess he's probably the most likely to come in and start getting us goals straight away, which is the immediate need. But £60m?!! Ngl, that would hurt.

Isak looks the complete opposite: very high ceiling with a bit of work, but can he come straight in and score enough goals to fire us to top 4 between now and May? Might take us 6-12 months to mould him into the kind of striker we want him to be. That being said, if he's actually prepared to shoot, can score more than nothing and can last for more than 60 minutes before he's puffing (and does little things like show up for training and NLDs) then he'll be an instant upgrade!

Jonathan David is probably my first choice for the 2nd striker signing that we'll need to make over the next couple of windows (if that makes sense?) - a real swiss army knife of a forward, who can use both feet (always high on my wishlist) and fill in anywhere, so he wouldn't just warm the bench behind whoever else we go for. Doesn't look like he'll be going anywhere until the summer though.
    Yeah I agree with this. Of those 3 names Isak has the highest ceiling but I think he would take the longest to adapt. DCL is decent enough but he isn't going to take us to the next level, he'd be a similar kind of signing to Ben White in that he will do a job but i am not convinced he has star potential in him, same feeling i have with Ben White.

Jonathan David looks a decent player, kind of sitting on the fence with him, I think he would be a good buy as like the others....but I am not sure he has star potential. We are in a bit of a mess with our forwards now come the summer, we are going to need to spend a lot of money on most likely 2 strikers assuming Auba, Laca and Eddie leave.