Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter Transfer Non-Arrivals and Goodbyes

Off goes Maitland-Niles to Roma says SSN. Deal agreed in principle.

On loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must be a deal already in place for someone new if we've sanctioned this this early in the window. Might not be a big move - could even be a loan - but we must have something lined up, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Must be a deal already in place for someone new if we've sanctioned this this early in the window. Might not be a big move - could even be a loan - but we must have something lined up, right?
    because AMN's so essential to us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allegri has said Ramsey is leaving Juventus, bet he ends up at Newcastle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    because AMN's so essential to us?
    Because we've got 2 CMs left for the next month and one of them's a ticking time-bomb...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because we've got 2 CMs left for the next month and one of them's a ticking time-bomb...
    fair point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope so. If we don't have anything in place then it's lunacy. It could potentially destroy our season and momentum for a top 4 finish. It's actually the kind of thing Wenger use to do, sell half our team and fail to replace them.....but anyway I am guessing they have maybe 1 or 2 deals lined up, I don't even care if they are loans as long as they are quality players who can help us now. I am happy for them to address Central Midfield in the summer. We are going to be very busy again in the Market in the summer, likely need a new midfielder, possibly 2. At least 2 Forwards (assuming Laca, Nketiah and Auba are leaving), a back up keeper to replace Leno who I assume will leave and then possibly a backup right back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I hope so. If we don't have anything in place then it's lunacy. It could potentially destroy our season and momentum for a top 4 finish. It's actually the kind of thing Wenger use to do, sell half our team and fail to replace them.....but anyway I am guessing they have maybe 1 or 2 deals lined up, I don't even care if they are loans as long as they are quality players who can help us now. I am happy for them to address Central Midfield in the summer. We are going to be very busy again in the Market in the summer, likely need a new midfielder, possibly 2. At least 2 Forwards (assuming Laca, Nketiah and Auba are leaving), a back up keeper to replace Leno who I assume will leave and then possibly a backup right back.
    Yeah, I reckon you're not far off the mark there - one of the CMs and one of the FWs will obviously depend on certain players leaving, but the rest of it looks about right to me.

Personally, I'd be looking at the backup RB as a priority, I rate Tomi that highly! So many other players and their roles just clicked and made sense once we added him - really balanced the side. Doesn't have to be a big signing - I'd be very happy with another well-scouted, Nuno-like unknown - but it does need to be the same profile. I'm already feeling like we're going to feel his every absence every bit as much as we felt Tierney's before we signed Nuno, so the sooner we can get this done the better (aside from anything else, I suspect Tomi will prove to be the best cover we have for both White and Gabriel until we can bring Saliba home, so it solves that problem too).

Going to be fascinating to see what we do with forwards - it's the one area that Arteta hasn't been able to invest in yet, and the only hint we really have for his preference is Laca over Auba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we may have dodged a bullet Coutinho close to agreeing a loan deal with Villa https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ona-midfielder.
    This goes along with his wish to move to a premiership team with ambition