User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: This Weekend's Fixtures & Midweek Fixtures (15/16/18/19 Jan).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not overly worrying myself about spurs just yet - they’re getting the results right now, but if you watch them they’re not really passing ‘the eye test’ in any convincing way. Reminds me very much of that 20-odd game unbeaten run that Emery went on when he first took over - if you looked at just the results then everything looked rosy, but when you actually watched us play there was nothing to explain it? Defence was a shambles, our hearts were in our mouths whenever we tried to play out from the back, our build up was unstructured and chaotic, and Auba and Laca were skewing perception by converting almost every half chance that fell to them - the wheels were always going to come off at some point.

They’ll hit a wall at some point, I’m sure of it (especially with the number of rearranged games they need to squeeze in). The bigger worry for me right now is the thinness of our squad - if we can’t reinforce this window then we’re heading for a wall ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I’m not overly worrying myself about spurs just yet - they’re getting the results right now, but if you watch them they’re not really passing ‘the eye test’ in any convincing way. Reminds me very much of that 20-odd game unbeaten run that Emery went on when he first took over - if you looked at just the results then everything looked rosy, but when you actually watched us play there was nothing to explain it? Defence was a shambles, our hearts were in our mouths whenever we tried to play out from the back, our build up was unstructured and chaotic, and Auba and Laca were skewing perception by converting almost every half chance that fell to them - the wheels were always going to come off at some point.

They’ll hit a wall at some point, I’m sure of it (especially with the number of rearranged games they need to squeeze in). The bigger worry for me right now is the thinness of our squad - if we can’t reinforce this window then we’re heading for a wall ourselves.
    Yeah that's my worry too......oh and having Xhaka chuck games for us

I actually think we are the strongest of all the challengers for 4th place based on how we have been performing as a team over the past few months, but that doesn't always translate to us actually finishing 4th, i don't fully trust this team hence why I have Spurs down as favourites for 4th. The thing is we are in a good moment right now in terms of the League form, I do worry we could fall off once we hit a bit of sticky form.

There is basically no room for error now with us. I think we are going to have to go on a deep winning run to be right in the mix come the business end of the season. I also think we are going to need to win or at the very worst draw at Spurs, and make sure we win both or at least one of the remaining games against Man U and West Ham.
    Last edited by selassie; 20-01-2022 at 02:44 PM.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will just put this here for now, probably will make a weekend fixture's thread for tomorrow.

However, Watford 0-3 Norwich.

Dennis sent off.

Sargent with two and Kucka OG.