User Tag List

Page 12 of 98 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: summer '22 transfer craziness and stupidity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i don't think Arteta's capable of apologising to anyone, he's too busy trying to be Mr Big Boss Man...
    Yeah perhaps. Whether he can turn around the Saliba situation may be a measure of whether he is developing as a manager or not...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I don’t think he’ll stay unless Arteta is willing to stick an arm round him and wipe the slate the clean. You’d hope maybe Saliba is motivated to prove him wrong but when you haven’t felt wanted since day one, I can understand why he’d see his future elsewhere. If we can get a big fee then yeah it would probably be more worthwhile to reinvest that than risk moving forward with a player who has an abrasive relationship with the coach.
    Saliba looks the real deal to me. I don’t know what has gone on between him and Arteta but we should be moving heaven and earth to integrate him into the first team and extend his contract.

I have a feeling there is a personal issue between him and Arteta and as others have eluded to it might be a bridge too far for either of them to patch up there differences.

If we are forced to sell then we should be demanding a decent fee. The situation looks to be unnecessarily messy TBH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it comes to Saliba we don't know what has gone on between himself and Arteta but what may not have helped is spending a season with Guendouzi who Arteta did have issues with, either way of we do end up having to sell him we should expect to get more than we paid being that he is a Full French international.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Saliba looks the real deal to me. I don’t know what has gone on between him and Arteta but we should be moving heaven and earth to integrate him into the first team and extend his contract.

I have a feeling there is a personal issue between him and Arteta and as others have eluded to it might be a bridge too far for either of them to patch up there differences.

If we are forced to sell then we should be demanding a decent fee. The situation looks to be unnecessarily messy TBH
    Another personal issue, just like Guendouzi, Pepe & a couple of others that he couldn't manage.

Auba was the only one he got right as a manager stamping his mark, but it's a concerning trend if he can't turn things around with some players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    When it comes to Saliba we don't know what has gone on between himself and Arteta but what may not have helped is spending a season with Guendouzi who Arteta did have issues with, either way of we do end up having to sell him we should expect to get more than we paid being that he is a Full French international.
    The Rookie has problems with everyone it seems (might be little man syndrome)?

Anyway, Arteta will NOT apologise and Saliba will be sold for £5m and turn out to be the new Virgil Van Dijk.

This is what Arsenal do. We are a banter club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post
    Another personal issue, just like Guendouzi, Pepe & a couple of others that he couldn't manage.

Auba was the only one he got right as a manager stamping his mark, but it's a concerning trend if he can't turn things around with some players
    Lukaku; Grealish; Sancho; Varanne....and (for all the Liverpool worshippers out there - Konate) - all big money transfers who have not lived up to expectations this season. Haverts; Werner; van der Beek also spring to mind from last season and I'm sure there are many more. It's a fact of football that promising players don't work out under certain managers - however celebrated they may be. But Arteta is panned for not making all his so-called big players work, instead of being praised for the players that have been successes under him...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye, his management of player personalities or whatever you want to call it concerns me a bit too. I do get the feeling that once Arteta makes a decision with a player that's it and it could at times be to the detriment of the team. It's all speculation and hear say though I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally I wouldn't have an issue with this, but we are not in any position to be spending money on 'maybe' players.

We have been stripped to the bare bones, we need to spend money wisely on quality team building and strengthening.

maybe if we perform well next season, then we can start to look at 'opportunity buys' - but certainly not in this window.
    It’s 2.5m / 3m - getting Lacazette’s wages off the books for 4 months will cover it.

Honestly mate, the only way this will affect our other summer business is if he turns out to be a Saka-level revelation. If I had to guess, though, I reckon he goes straight out on loan to the continent.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Lukaku; Grealish; Sancho; Varanne....and (for all the Liverpool worshippers out there - Konate) - all big money transfers who have not lived up to expectations this season. Haverts; Werner; van der Beek also spring to mind from last season and I'm sure there are many more. It's a fact of football that promising players don't work out under certain managers - however celebrated they may be. But Arteta is panned for not making all his so-called big players work, instead of being praised for the players that have been successes under him...
    Nothing wrong with Guendo, he always looked decent when he played. Ye she had a few bad games but nothing I would consider loaning him out for.

Pepe has hardly played enough since he arrived to settle into this league, most notably under Arteta as he only chucks him on when he is desperate.

There will always be sticking points with certain players, but he needs to adapt himself so that he can mange them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    It’s 2.5m / 3m - getting Lacazette’s wages off the books for 4 months will cover it.

Honestly mate, the only way this will affect our other summer business is if he turns out to be a Saka-level revelation. If I had to guess, though, I reckon he goes straight out on loan to the continent.
    Need to get Pepe off the books too and cut our losses there. He’s never going to be considered an option with Arteta.