User Tag List

Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: summer '22 transfer craziness and stupidity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Not looking forward to the English tax on him.. think we should look elsewhere.
    Not to mention he is probably on a higher wage than anyone currently on our roster. We need to reverse that trajectory. Id take him on less than 200kpw though
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    depends how long on his contract - how unhappy he is. the new united manager. we need a striker and are going to have to pay alot regardless unless we get lucky. he is also adaptable by playing out wide or up front. definitely think he is someone who would fit in to what we already have.

it will be interesting to see who we sign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he'd be a good replacement for Pepe to compete with Saka & Martineli, but dont see him as our new starting no. 9.

Agree with Globalgunner though, can't see it working financially and we shouldn't be breaking the bank for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t see Rashford being on our shortlist for our main CF move - too similar to Auba, imo, and that’s obviously not what we’re after in that role. Looking at the last few CFs we’ve enquired about over the last year - Abraham, Vlahovic, Isak - I think there’s a clear physical profile there that we’re after.

He’d be a good fit for the second forward that we should be aiming to bring in this summer - someone who can play all across the front 3, occasionally filling in at CF when needed - but it comes down to how much you’re willing to pay for a second forward? Personally, I think someone like a Cody Gakpo is closer to what we’ll go for there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too. He would cost a fortune and come on huge wages, he is on 200k per week at the moment apparently. The likes of ESR & Saka who are closer to England's First XI than him would most likely want to earn at least the same if not more than him.

I think we can do better value than Rashford IMO.

Ironically I would be much happier with a DCL and then a primary target. I think someone like DCL would be happy enough as a rotational option and wouldn't cost a fortune (not cheap) or come on huge wages.
    Last edited by selassie; 29-03-2022 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We definitely need at least 2 new additions to the front line and I’d be happy if Rashford was the secondary option. Not sure he’s what we need in terms of that main centre forward role but if there’s a way we could get him without breaking the bank it would be great business. He can play across the front 3 and at 24 you have to think he’s still young enough for a better coach to get the most out of him. Plus I’m sure he’d enjoy playing with the young guys we’ve got too.

We’d have to move Pepe on first though I would have thought. He can’t even get a look in with a threadbare squad, says it all.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 29-03-2022 at 04:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slightly off topic but still kind of related to transfers potentially. Anyway I hope we bring Saliba back for next season and rotate him with Gabriel and White like Liverpool do with Van Dijk, Matip & Konate.

Saliba's reputation is growing rapidly and he has now played twice for the French national team over the past week. Of the three CB's we have, Saliba has the highest ceiling IMO, the kid is 20 and looks a really good player already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Slightly off topic but still kind of related to transfers potentially. Anyway I hope we bring Saliba back for next season and rotate him with Gabriel and White like Liverpool do with Van Dijk, Matip & Konate.

Saliba's reputation is growing rapidly and he has now played twice for the French national team over the past week. Of the three CB's we have, Saliba has the highest ceiling IMO, the kid is 20 and looks a really good player already.
    Yeah, I'm really keen to see big Bill Saliba in an Arsenal shirt now - he looks an absolute unit! - but I'm also slightly concerned about the hype that's built up around him and him becoming a constant point of contention and conflict amongst fans (through no fault of his own). Need to remember that he's only just turned 21, has had a really tough couple of years, and he's yet to make the step up to the Premier League or show that he can settle in this country.

On the plus side, he's now a full international and people are already talking £50m valuations, so I think we win no matter where his future lies! He'll be alright and we'll be alright, whatever happens, so let's not worry about it too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Yeah, I'm really keen to see big Bill Saliba in an Arsenal shirt now - he looks an absolute unit! - but I'm also slightly concerned about the hype that's built up around him and him becoming a constant point of contention and conflict amongst fans (through no fault of his own). Need to remember that he's only just turned 21, has had a really tough couple of years, and he's yet to make the step up to the Premier League or show that he can settle in this country.

On the plus side, he's now a full international and people are already talking £50m valuations, so I think we win no matter where his future lies! He'll be alright and we'll be alright, whatever happens, so let's not worry about it too much.
    Aye, he looks like he has everything you want in a modern day CB. Technically excellent, strong, quick, relatively good in the air. He's still a kid for sure and needs to be eased in but I think he certainly deserves a fair share of game if he keeps developing and comes back ready for next season.

Agree regarding the valuations etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Aye, he looks like he has everything you want in a modern day CB. Technically excellent, strong, quick, relatively good in the air. He's still a kid for sure and needs to be eased in but I think he certainly deserves a fair share of game if he keeps developing and comes back ready for next season.

Agree regarding the valuations etc.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed, but I’m also trying not to get my homes up - I just get this feeling from him that he’s maybe not quite ready to move away from France yet? Guess that’s understandable when you’re 21, you’ve just lost your mum and have lived through a pandemic - wouldn’t be surprised if he just wants a bit of stability and to stay close to family and friends for another year or so.

Let’s see, though - maybe I’m imagining things, and he’s actually super-keen to come back and show us what he’s got! That would be ideal.