User Tag List

Page 68 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: summer '22 transfer craziness and stupidity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Who would you like us to sign in midfield?
    As I said, it doesn't matter. We've already had more than enough players in the middle who could have made an impact if Dick and Mik had been worth their pay. Go ahead and buy this guy and you'll see exactly the same cycle as with all the others that have come, impressed for 5 minutes and then faded out and fucked off on the cheap. It's the attitude that needs to change, not the players.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    As I said, it doesn't matter. We've already had more than enough players in the middle who could have made an impact if Dick and Mik had been worth their pay. Go ahead and buy this guy and you'll see exactly the same cycle as with all the others that have come, impressed for 5 minutes and then faded out and fucked off on the cheap. It's the attitude that needs to change, not the players.
    Right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right
    Right indeed!
    Also, we have Super Granit Xhaka!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Right indeed!
    Aye, to be fair he was superb on Saturday, more of the same please Granit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Right indeed!
    Ugh all it proves that sticking him in a deep lying position is an utter waste of time because whether he’s there or not the defensive work is left to Partey. We’ve got plenty of free roaming midfielders already. Get rid and bring in Tielemans FFS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Ugh all it proves that sticking him in a deep lying position is an utter waste of time because whether he’s there or not the defensive work is left to Partey. We’ve got plenty of free roaming midfielders already. Get rid and bring in Tielemans FFS
    No way Tielemans starts ahead of Xhaka if he comes in. Not based on his performances of the past season or so. Tielemans is a decent player but I don't think he upgrades our team, he just brings in much needed quality for competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way Tielemans starts ahead of Xhaka if he comes in. Not based on his performances of the past season or so. Tielemans is a decent player but I don't think he upgrades our team, he just brings in much needed quality for competition.
    Are you high?

Xhaka was consummately our worst performer last season, yet you’re creaming your shorts based on what? Because Arteta literally gave up on the idea of asking him to adopt positional discipline and said ok do what you like.

Did it escape you that because of him we were close to going 1-0 down on Saturday and if it had been someone more clinical than Fofana who dispossessed him we surely would have done.

How many years of having him in the team does it take for people like you to accept what a liability he is

Practically any midfielder is an improvement on Xhaka at this point. I’m sorry if I’m sounding harsh but this is insanity…yes because he got away with roaming away from his position by a Leicester side not in good enough form to punish us for it doesn’t mean he should be a starter or playing for us full stop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I actually can’t drop this

Did you watch any of the Brentford/Man United game

Because if you did you will see how much Brentford pressed United high up the pitch

We have to go there next month. If we start Xhaka the scoreline could be similar….his ability to lose games for us single handedly is legendary.

Fuck me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen Aouar is off to Forest (unconfirmed) which seems mental. I know Arsenal were heavily linked and he's a player I rate highly, based entirely on football manager. I still reckon he'd be better than Tielemans who was fuckin non exisakatent on Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Just seen Aouar is off to Forest (unconfirmed) which seems mental. I know Arsenal were heavily linked and he's a player I rate highly, based entirely on football manager. I still reckon he'd be better than Tielemans who was fuckin non exisakatent on Saturday.
    Do you not think we have enough attacking midfielders?. We have so many of them who’s potential is limited because we don’t have a deep lying player who gets the ball forward quickly enough. And that Aouar is off to Forest is more indicative that so many players in the French ligue appear to be rated off the back of one decent season.

This is how we ended up with the African equivalent of Laurent Robert at the cost to us of 72 million

Tielemans did do nothing on Saturday but that doesn’t change the fact that in every possible way he’s a complete technical upgrade on Granit Xhaka who has been the weak link in our team for so many seasons it’s crazy.

Could we do better than Tielemans? Possibly….he wasn’t exactly brilliant last season. But his passing, technique and movement are definitely what we need.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 15-08-2022 at 02:44 PM.