User Tag List

Page 69 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: summer '22 transfer craziness and stupidity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I will say for Forest is that I think Emmanuel Dennis is a good signing for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Are you high?

Xhaka was consummately our worst performer last season, yet you’re creaming your shorts based on what? Because Arteta literally gave up on the idea of asking him to adopt positional discipline and said ok do what you like.

Did it escape you that because of him we were close to going 1-0 down on Saturday and if it had been someone more clinical than Fofana who dispossessed him we surely would have done.

How many years of having him in the team does it take for people like you to accept what a liability he is

Practically any midfielder is an improvement on Xhaka at this point. I’m sorry if I’m sounding harsh but this is insanity…yes because he got away with roaming away from his position by a Leicester side not in good enough form to punish us for it doesn’t mean he should be a starter or playing for us full stop.
    Completely sober thanks

I am not creaming my shorts at all, just saying that if we get Tielemans I don't think he walks into our team ahead of any of our current midfielders, not because I think the current ones are amazing, but more because I think Tielemans is pretty much on their level. Decent Midfielder who has plenty of experience playing for their national teams. Tielemans offers different qualities to the current lot, they offer different qualities to him.

Xhaka is Xhaka, he is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but he isn't useless either, practically any midfielder isn't an improvement because Xhaka has been out of the team plenty of times and our alternatives to him have stunk up the place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Completely sober thanks

I am not creaming my shorts at all, just saying that if we get Tielemans I don't think he walks into our team ahead of any of our current midfielders, not because I think the current ones are amazing, but more because I think Tielemans is pretty much on their level. Decent Midfielder who has plenty of experience playing for their national teams. Tielemans offers different qualities to the current lot, they offer different qualities to him.

Xhaka is Xhaka, he is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but he isn't useless either, practically any midfielder isn't an improvement because Xhaka has been out of the team plenty of times and our alternatives to him have stunk up the place.
    In terms of actually single handedly costing us more points than any other player who has made it into the first team in years I do actually think any midfielder would be an improvement on Xhaka.

If you play Elneny and Partey together you have zero creative impetus but you’re less likely to lose

And yes I’m sorry to keep contradicting you but Tielemans is the player in the premier league who pound for pound most resembles the type of player Xhaka is (the deep lying playmaker) he’s better at tackling, better technically, can use both feet, can dribble and has a better range of passing than Xhaka.

If Xhaka played in Germany or Italy he’d be ok in fact he’d be a decent player, but you simply don’t get the time on the ball in the premier league that Xhaka seems to need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Completely sober thanks

Pretty much, man.

Arteta said he's given Xhaka new directions and he's in more of a box to box role. Don't get me wrong, I'd fuckin love to replace him as regardless of how 'not shite' Xhaka was yesterday as he's always liable to undermine the team in a major way.

I just don't think Tielemans improves the team that much, tbh.
    It's a good point about the alternatives though, although hopefully Zinchenko and/or Viera can play this new role Arteta seems to be implementing.

I can't even bring myself to respond to that other fud, tbh. Clueless gammon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of actually single handedly costing us more points than any other player who has made it into the first team in years I do actually think any midfielder would be an improvement on Xhaka.
    This

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Pretty much, man.

Arteta said he's given Xhaka new directions and he's in more of a box to box role. Don't get me wrong, I'd fuckin love to replace him as regardless of how 'not shite' Xhaka was yesterday as he's always liable to undermine the team in a major way.

I just don't think Tielemans improves the team that much, tbh.
    It's a good point about the alternatives though, although hopefully Zinchenko and/or Viera can play this new role Arteta seems to be implementing.

I can't even bring myself to respond to that other fud, tbh. Clueless gammon.
    Angry Scotsman accuses other person of being a gammon

You’ve as much self reflection as Count Dracula don’t you chief?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal fans do like to self own. How do you not see Xhaka for the liability he is?. He plays at least 40 games a season as he in never injured, but is out for card accumulation more than any other player in the squad. He has good games against poor opposition who do not close him down. Against any good team or high press he is useless and sometimes more than useless.
    I will drink myself to a stupor the day he leaves the club
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    I will drink myself to a stupor the day he leaves the club
    I already do that, to cope with the fact he's still here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s had his one decent game for the season and scored his obligatory single goal for the season. Good time to be rid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you play Elneny and Partey together you have zero creative impetus but you’re less likely to lose

And yes I’m sorry to keep contradicting you but Tielemans is the player in the premier league who pound for pound most resembles the type of player Xhaka is (the deep lying playmaker) he’s better at tackling, better technically, can use both feet, can dribble and has a better range of passing than Xhaka.

If Xhaka played in Germany or Italy he’d be ok in fact he’d be a decent player, but you simply don’t get the time on the ball in the premier league that Xhaka seems to need.
    Any player is an improvement on any player if you focus only on their weaknesseses. Xhaka and Partey to a lesser degree both need upgrading.

Tielemans and Xhaka are nothing like each other, nothing like each other at all, aside from the fact they both play in Central Midfield and are both slow. Tielemans is a decent player in that he is experienced and is decent technically, but he is by no means perfect and IMO wouldn't improve this team ahead of Xhaka. In Tielemans, we are talking about a player who has a year left on his contract and is wanted by pretty much nobody. I like Tielemans, but only as a Squad player option, essentially rotating with Xhaka. If we want to upgrade our Midfield then we need to be aiming higher than Tielemans IMO.
    Last edited by selassie; 15-08-2022 at 09:50 PM.