User Tag List

Page 70 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: summer '22 transfer craziness and stupidity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Any player is an improvement on any player if you focus only on their weaknesseses. Xhaka and Partey to a lesser degree both need upgrading.

Tielemans and Xhaka are nothing like each other, nothing like each other at all, aside from the fact they both play in Central Midfield and are both slow. Tielemans is a decent player in that he is experienced and is decent technically, but he is by no means perfect and IMO wouldn't improve this team ahead of Xhaka. In Tielemans, we are talking about a player who has a year left on his contract and is wanted by pretty much nobody. I like Tielemans, but only as a Squad player option, essentially rotating with Xhaka. If we want to upgrade our Midfield then we need to be aiming higher than Tielemans IMO.
    I agree that he’s nothing like Xhaka and I’ve listed the reasons why

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any player is an improvement on any player if you focus only on their weaknesseses. Xhaka and Partey to a lesser degree both need upgrading.

Tielemans and Xhaka are nothing like each other, nothing like each other at all, aside from the fact they both play in Central Midfield and are both slow. Tielemans is a decent player in that he is experienced and is decent technically, but he is by no means perfect and IMO wouldn't improve this team ahead of Xhaka. In Tielemans, we are talking about a player who has a year left on his contract and is wanted by pretty much nobody. I like Tielemans, but only as a Squad player option, essentially rotating with Xhaka. If we want to upgrade our Midfield then we need to be aiming higher than Tielemans IMO.
    Nah, he's a definite upgrade. Even if you want to under rate him and put him on a par with Xhaka, in terms of ability, his temperament would save arsenal the 5-8 points Xhaka loses them every. Single. Fuckin. Season.

I just don't think he's that good and there are other options...but I'm not really opposed to the move either, tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Nah, he's a definite upgrade. Even if you want to under rate him and put him on a par with Xhaka, in terms of ability, his temperament would save arsenal the 5-8 points Xhaka loses them every. Single. Fuckin. Season.
    Exactly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I agree that he’s nothing like Xhaka and I’ve listed the reasons why
    You said he most resembles Xhaka in terms of a player in the Premier League! You called Tielemans a deep lying playmaker which he absolutely isn't. He is more like a box to box type, more number 8 than number 6.

If we are talking about deep lying playmakers then someone like Jorginho most resembles the Xhaka of old (when he was playing the deep lying playmaker role).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't think he's that good and there are other options...but I'm not really opposed to the move either, tbh.
    That's debatable. You are making an assumption that Xhaka only makes mistakes and never contributes anything to the team. Have a look at the stats for how many points Xhaka has won us, assists etc! You have to be objective when looking at a player.

We are on the same page with Tielemans.
    Last edited by selassie; 16-08-2022 at 08:48 AM.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xhaka has been named vice captain.

Disgraceful tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xhaka is a weird one.

Obviously he’s going to cost the team at various points in the season, it’s just what he does. Yet on the other hand, he’s also seen as a very reliable option by every coach he’s played with and clearly he’s a leader who the dressing room probably look to for help.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Xhaka is a weird one.

Obviously he’s going to cost the team at various points in the season, it’s just what he does. Yet on the other hand, he’s also seen as a very reliable option by every coach he’s played with and clearly he’s a leader who the dressing room probably look to for help.
    It was interesting watching all or nothing - Xhaka was sent off against Liverpool for being his usual calamitous shit self - and Arteta came in and gave him a hug - ??

Yet when Pepe was sent off - he was ostracised from the team.

One rule for one and one rule for another it would seem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's debatable. You are making an assumption that Xhaka only makes mistakes and never contributes anything to the team. Have a look at the stats for how many points Xhaka has won us, assists etc! You have to be objective when looking at a player.

We are on the same page with Tielemans.
    Assumption?

Mate, I watch him every week and have done for years, ffs.

He's proven beyond any doubt that he is a liability.

I can't believe there's actually someone left on earth to debate this, man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assumption?

Mate, I watch him every week and have done for years, ffs.

He's proven beyond any doubt that he is a liability.

I can't believe there's actually someone left on earth to debate this, man.
    So he costs us every season yet continually gets picked by every manager who is at Arsenal. If he was that easy to replace we would have upgraded on him already, we have been spending money the past few seasons so it's not even as if we haven't had the budget to replace him.

I'm no fan of his, but he is nowhere near as bad as you and others on here are making out.