Page 78 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: summer '22 transfer craziness and stupidity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Gone a bit quiet on the transfer front.

Neto or Tielemans feels unlikely now unless we fork out silly money.
    Despite Arteta claiming otherwise it’s clear FFP is the issue, I can’t see how it can’t be. A winger for me is a would be nice to have but without a proper central midfielder I think we are going to struggle for top four again. We saw yesterday that having Elneny in the side nullified our attacking threat…Odegaard did a decent job but far too often he wasn’t getting the ball quickly enough and that Fulham’s deep block was denying us space and options.
    That combined with Xhaka being a liability means we are only ever an injury to Partey away from being in really difficult situation. It would help if as many people on here have pointed out Arteta knew how to rotate….and we’d potentially be able to get more out of Sambi Lokonga.
    This could be a very tough and not very enjoyable season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    It would help if as many people on here have pointed out Arteta knew how to rotate….and we’d potentially be able to get more out of Sambi Lokonga.
    definitely this, though i'm giving him some leeway just now, as taking advantage of the relatively kind early fixtures does to some extent justify playing the 'best' team (though i'd argue any team with Xhaka in it can't possibly be our best)

i'm waiting for the League Cup and early Europa ties - if he doesn't use those to try other players then he's truly learnt nothing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gone a bit quiet on the transfer front.

Neto or Tielemans feels unlikely now unless we fork out silly money.
    Still think we’re pushing hard for a winger, although I have no idea how high we’ll be able to go or whether we’ll be able to get it done. That’s still the priority for me over the CM.

Assuming Tielemans is still a target I can easily see us leaving that until January, if we don’t get a price we like - everything stops for the WC in mid-November anyway so it’s really not that many games to get through before we get to the January window when he’ll be down to 6 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    definitely this, though i'm giving him some leeway just now, as taking advantage of the relatively kind early fixtures does to some extent justify playing the 'best' team (though i'd argue any team with Xhaka in it can't possibly be our best)

i'm waiting for the League Cup and early Europa ties - if he doesn't use those to try other players then he's truly learnt nothing
    Same. We need to see a plan for Sambi this year because there’s a really interesting player there - hoping we use the early stages of all the cup competitions to fast-track him into one of the midfield roles.

Part of me is also wondering if we might be deliberately keeping players like Sambi and ESR and Eddie fresh for the 2nd half of the season when everyone comes back tired and broken from the WC? Hoping that’s gonna hit our rivals a lot harder than us with their older, more-experienced players who will hopefully be seeing a lot more international minutes than ours kids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Injury to Elneny and the possibility that Partey might be out for a bit is bringing us to looking to sign a central midfielder.

Won’t be the kind of central midfielder we need of course but it shows you how ill prepared we are in that area in general

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Partey regularly played 40+ games a season for Atleti but he’s just so unreliable for us. Typical.

Definitely need another CM but with 2 days to go it doesn’t look likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Partey regularly played 40+ games a season for Atleti but he’s just so unreliable for us. Typical.

Definitely need another CM but with 2 days to go it doesn’t look likely.
    And so the Arsenal we know and love (or tolerate) is back

I fear a panic buy coming on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    United sign Antony for 85m.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    United sign Antony for 85m.
    Who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fofana to Chelsea for 70m+

This market is stupid, he’s not even been capped by France FFS.

Makes you wonder what someone would pay for Saliba.
    Chelsea and United are doing a good job of screwing up the Market again with their over the top prices they are slapping down on players.

Saliba definitely goes for that price or more with a big fat contract!