User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man U reaction and player ratings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man U reaction and player ratings

How fuckin predictable. Everything from the ridiculous VAR decision to them just sitting off and picking off on the counter.

Ramsdale 4 - almost as slow as Xhaka on the ball. Will get caught out again and again.

Zinchenko 5 - looked good in the first half. Got caught far too narrow for their goal. That's about it.

Gabriel 4 - looks nervous now.

Saliba 4 - starting to play to their level.

White 4 - Not sure how Arteta can continue to play someone at RB who offers literally nothing going forward.

Lokonga 5 - was fine. The CM was just so open but I'm not sure they know what they're doing with this system sometimes.

Xhaka 3 - offers nothing going forward, nothing going back, terrible off the ball, terrible on. Just a terrible football player.

Odegaard 5 - pretty quiet. Tried a few things but surrounded with dross. Great pass for the goal.

Martinelli 5 - busy but poor end product.

Jesus 6 - actually like a lot of what he done. Occupied their 2 defenders with some good old fashioned no.9 play.

Saka 4 - only ever looks dangerous when he tries to get to the line but almost always cuts in. The number of moves that break down when the ball gets to him is incredible.

Maybe now they've lost Arteta will make some changes.
    Last edited by mandela8; 04-09-2022 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t remember another game where the coach so directly influenced the result in a negative way.
    I’m guilty of a failure of imagination because I knew the midfield we had would cost us but I just wasn’t sure how. I thought United would do what a lot of teams do when they play us, high pressing force us into mistakes. But no they just capitalised on the Space Xhaka left in the middle of the park.
    A failure to make our central midfield top 4 standard wasn’t enough for Arteta, he had to compound this by not addressing that we could easily be caught out a second time by removing Xhaka and moving Zinchenko centrally. And no one needs me to tell them the absolute depth charge turd he dropped two minutes before their third.
    We do have some decent players we really do, but we are being sandbagged by this coach

I can’t stand Arteta not as a coach, not as a human being. He’s anathema to everything positive this club is trying to achieve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that Arteta played a massive part in todays loss but I thought we defended poorly all game and were naive in terms of game management.

I wasn’t surprised we lost though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I agree that Arteta played a massive part in todays loss but I thought we defended poorly all game and were naive in terms of game management.

The defence were completely exposed they didn’t have any chance to do anything.

It was 100% on Arteta it wasn’t individual errors, it was disastrous in game management

I don’t think you can even call it naive. I could with another coach but Arteta is such a nasty piece of work, so utterly toxic as a human being I have to put my hands up and say I can’t rule out that it wasn’t deliberate to teach the players some kind of sick lesson.

He needs to go ASAP, he will start setting fire to shit soon
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 04-09-2022 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least we have coached the best out of Saliba already

Not surprised either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, definitely fair. Thought they all looked a bit nervous fat the back for some reason. Defended very very high against a counter attacking team too...that's maybe instructional but more experienced players would/should adapt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    At least we have coached the best out of Saliba already

Not surprised either.
    Don’t think much needs to be said about Saliba the space in front of him, he never stood a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I suspected that psychopath Arteta has blamed the players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah hard to defend Arteta today. At 2-1 the result was still salvageable but I have no idea why he made such drastic changes at that point. We were playing well enough that we would have kept probing (whilst keeping some kind of shape) and may have scored a 2nd with a bit of luck. The third goal was just a complete mess.

Just annoying as fuck. A game we never should have lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least Fabio Vieira looked ok given the circumstance he was thrown into. Hopefully see a lot more of him now.