0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

summer '22 transfer craziness and stupidity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's going to be a busy summer for ins and outs that's for sure. Let's hope we get it right again, last summers business looks to be very good TBF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need a lot of players in the summer.

Backup RB, a CM (two probably) two strikers.

Assuming Eddie, Laca, Xhaka and Leno leave.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the keeper situation is already sorted at least. And we can add Big Bill Saliba to the defence as soon as the French season ends, so that's two right off the bat.

I think we'll go big for a CF and a left-sided 8. And If Xhaka finally gets his move then we'll need another CM, but I wouldn't be surprised if that sat more in the 'smart buy' category - another Tomiyasu who no one sees coming.

Beyond that I think a second CF and a backup RB might depend on how Balogun and Norton-Cuffy get on for the rest of the season on their respective loans - if we do need to dip into the market there I reckon those will be moves that no one sees coming either.

So that's my predictions - two big moves, and anywhere between 0-3 smart buys.

On the plus side, we've already done most of our clearing before the summer even starts, so for once we won't have to sit around waiting for players to leave before we can do anything!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Well the keeper situation is already sorted at least. And we can add Big Bill Saliba to the defence as soon as the French season ends, so that's two right off the bat.

I think we'll go big for a CF and a left-sided 8. And If Xhaka finally gets his move then we'll need another CM, but I wouldn't be surprised if that sat more in the 'smart buy' category - another Tomiyasu who no one sees coming.

Beyond that I think a second CF and a backup RB might depend on how Balogun and Norton-Cuffy get on for the rest of the season on their respective loans - if we do need to dip into the market there I reckon those will be moves that no one sees coming either.

So that's my predictions - two big moves, and anywhere between 0-3 smart buys.

On the plus side, we've already done most of our clearing before the summer even starts, so for once we won't have to sit around waiting for players to leave before we can do anything!
    Also, generally we seem to have moved from a situation where we were desperate for replacement players to 'solve' the team - now we are looking at adjustments to improve it. That is a step change.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Also, generally we seem to have moved from a situation where we were desperate for replacement players to 'solve' the team - now we are looking at adjustments to improve it. That is a step change.
    Putting aside the playing side of things for a sec, the job these guys have done in turning the tanker off the pitch has been impressive - it's gotten ugly at times, but, you know... this is how the sausage is made. I'm just glad someone has aggressively tackled it because it needed to happen - as you say, for the first time in years it feels like we can think about building again, and aren't just baling water while the tide's coming in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guendouzi has signed a three year deal with Marseille for just £9m.

That seems like a steal in the current climate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Guendouzi has signed a three year deal with Marseille for just £9m.

That seems like a steal in the current climate.
    That’s what happens when you only have one interested party and one offer. Unfortunately the problems with Guendouzi’s character are common knowledge within scouting and coaching circles and no one else was touching him. Maybe if he grows up a bit during his time at Marseille then there might be some bigger interest in his next move, but right now no one else wants to take the risk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    That’s what happens when you only have one interested party and one offer. Unfortunately the problems with Guendouzi’s character are common knowledge within scouting and coaching circles and no one else was touching him. Maybe if he grows up a bit during his time at Marseille then there might be some bigger interest in his next move, but right now no one else wants to take the risk.
    so says you - and even if it's true, it's because Arteta's gone and damaged ou asset by freezing him out so publicly

he's pulling up trees for Marseille and Arsenal have been dumb enough to give him away cheaply because Arteta doesn't like him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    so says you - and even if it's true, it's because Arteta's gone and damaged ou asset by freezing him out so publicly

he's pulling up trees for Marseille and Arsenal have been dumb enough to give him away cheaply because Arteta doesn't like him
    Mate, he had issues with his coach at Lorient, with Emery, with Ljungberg, with Arteta, with the coach at Hertha Berlin - where were all the other bids for him, especially at such a knock-down price? No one wanted to go near him.