Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    can you blame him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    can you blame him?
    Not at all. But he is looks like a bloody good defender. Shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Marquinhos could be our first signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saliba will be well out of Marseilles price range now - wherever he ends up, it won’t be there.

Very much hope he stays with us, but this is one of those rare situations where we won’t lose - we’ll either keep a very good player or we’ll get a big fee to reinvest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think he’ll stay unless Arteta is willing to stick an arm round him and wipe the slate the clean. You’d hope maybe Saliba is motivated to prove him wrong but when you haven’t felt wanted since day one, I can understand why he’d see his future elsewhere. If we can get a big fee then yeah it would probably be more worthwhile to reinvest that than risk moving forward with a player who has an abrasive relationship with the coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Saliba will be well out of Marseilles price range now - wherever he ends up, it won’t be there.

Very much hope he stays with us, but this is one of those rare situations where we won’t lose - we’ll either keep a very good player or we’ll get a big fee to reinvest.
    Will be interesting to see how the Saliba situation pans out, perfect opportunity for the club to show they've learned some lessons on selling better.

2 years left on his contract, we should be looking for 60 mil at least if he wants out. No more loans or cheap deals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I don’t think he’ll stay unless Arteta is willing to stick an arm round him and wipe the slate the clean. You’d hope maybe Saliba is motivated to prove him wrong but when you haven’t felt wanted since day one, I can understand why he’d see his future elsewhere. If we can get a big fee then yeah it would probably be more worthwhile to reinvest that than risk moving forward with a player who has an abrasive relationship with the coach.
    Yeah, totally - and no blame to him if he does. Sometimes circumstance and timing just conspire against you and it ends up not being right for anyone. You literally couldn’t have picked a messier time to join this club if you tried!

Also, let’s not forget just how young he was when we signed him, and that he lost his mum just before he was due to arrive… just as the pandemic hit and started closing down borders all over the place! I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a huge element of him not being ready to move away from France at the time, and needing to stay close to family and friends while he was getting his head straight.

One thing’s for sure, though - however this situation plays out, this summer needs to be the end of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Will be interesting to see how the Saliba situation pans out, perfect opportunity for the club to show they've learned some lessons on selling better.

2 years left on his contract, we should be looking for 60 mil at least if he wants out. No more loans or cheap deals.
    Yup, the situation is very clear - we either sign him up to an extension or we sell him for as much money as we can get. Either option works for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Torreira coming back to us this summer as Fiorentina won't pay the 15 million euro option to buy. Sounds like they unsuccessfully tried to negotiate on the price. All Italian clubs are such pisstakers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Torreira coming back to us this summer as Fiorentina won't pay the 15 million euro option to buy. Sounds like they unsuccessfully tried to negotiate on the price. All Italian clubs are such pisstakers.
    I don’t know about you, but I’ll certainly be holding out for one of Juventus’s shit offers for our best players - a rubber band and a paper clip for Tomas Partey or a 16 year loan with no option for Gabriel…
    Last edited by I am invisible; 22-05-2022 at 03:07 PM.