User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction Arsenal 2-1 Wolves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Was going to do the same thing but thought knowing my luck we'd score two and win but I didn't and we did
    Lucky charm Daz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It's funny how no matter how much you despise football and Arsenal football club, one minute can still bring back the memories.
    It is a strange feeling. I wouldn’t have given a shit if we lost.

But I’m elated we won.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great win, what football's about, brilliant atmosphere in the ground, given where Wolves are in the table it really was a big one

Glad Pepe scored and hopefully gets him more minutes

Watford away next, COYG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mate of mine who’s been going a lot this year said the atmosphere now is as good as we’ve ever had it at the Emirates. He said this season is as good as he’s heard the ground in at least 10 years. Massive shift in attitude now it seems, maybe that connection between team and fans has finally been repaired.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It's funny how no matter how much you despise football and Arsenal football club, one minute can still bring back the memories.
    Aye. I am more detached from it all these days. But I've found it impossible to completely disconnect. I didn't watch last night but I kept an eye on it and am feeling unduly smug today. Football, eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good side Wolves, so very good win. Conceding so early made it tough, but fair play as they didn’t give up.

Desperately need a striker who can play in those situations though. Whilst I’m a big fan of Laca he can’t get it out of his feet quick enough in the box. He plays better deep lying, and was more effective when Nketiah came on.

Big bucks signing required in the summer.

Great win nonetheless. Some tough games coming up..,,
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we reckon Laca was trying to shoot or cross to Saka?
    I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was a cross, but I'm not sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved that winning goal - even going down the wire, we still built from the back, worked a good shooting opportunity from the left instead of just lobbing it aimlessly into the box, and then, when it eventually spilled out to the right, we calmly worked a final chance by playing through them. That’s a group of players showing that they trust what they’re doing in training and believe they will get results if they stick at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will never have a better chance of top 4 IMO, yes we have performed relatively well this season but Man United and the Sp*ds have been absolutely shite. Our run in is not easy at all, there are a lot of potential dropped points in there but if we can put aside all the teams outside of the games against Chelsea, Man Utd, Spuds, West Ham & Liverpool then we are going to be in a strong position. Those games i have mentioned, if we can pick up points of some sort in the Man United and West Ham games then we will be more or less there IMO. I think we are also capable of getting something at either Stamford Bridge or Spuds, a point in one of those games would be very useful.

It's going to be very stressful but I think we can do it assuming we stay relatively injury free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re in a strong position but given that we have to play away to Chelsea, Spurs and West Ham, it’s all very much up in the air. Then United and Liverpool at home to cap it off too.

Huge games but that’s what you want, better than being mid table with fuck all to play for like we’ve had for 2 seasons.