User Tag List

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Ukraine vs Russia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They probably thought he still had a stake in Arsenal
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did actually read that somewhere the other day that Chelsea and Arsenal were going to face sanctions because of Russian influence

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boris Johnson in Warsaw.
    Aren't they suffering enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

(By the way, that honestly isn't aimed at anyone in particular. I have pretty much said nothing about this because I'd be the first to admit I'm completely ignorant of the history and politics around it all)
    Why do you instantly assume the flawed "experts" are us? And not them? You know, the talking heads on the logo spinning 24/7 war and drugs and death channels? You see the mess we're in? Was it our "expertise" (I call it reading a book) that got us here? Ultimately I suppose yes, through complacency. But we didn't pull the levers. We didn't actually set out to fuck literally everything up.

Let me warn you in advance, I'm an "expert" in the cult of warmism too, and I actually am somewhat of an expert in the technology stories that will be arriving soon.

Most of my expertise comes from being bitten once, twice, three times, four, five times and many more. I kind of figured out I was being bitten, all by myself, given the huge chunks missing from my arse. So I read a few books to figure out why. Which is more than you can say for the mindless repeaters on the BBC or the geniuses poking away at an angry bear.

We'll know a lot more about the experts in the medical profession shortly. Keep an eye out for that.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Dodge a bullet here Usmanov hit by sanctions
    The European Council have confirmed that Everton investor Alisher Usmanov has been hit by its latest round of sanctions in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.Usmanov hit by sanctions
    Why do they need to sanction him? Wasn't he giving them his money anyway? Weren't they grabbing it and cheering about it?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Did actually read that somewhere the other day that Chelsea and Arsenal were going to face sanctions because of Russian influence
    No doubt another piece of journalistic brilliance
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Why do you instantly assume the flawed "experts" are us? And not them?
    Because they have studied the relevant field for years, not just Googled stuff and looked at some memes.
    This really isn't a dig at you, you're obviously well read. But holy shit everyone who can Google or follow a YouTube channel (often one which tells them what they want to hear) thinks they're a bloody expert these days. It's depressing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because they have studied the relevant field for years, not just Googled stuff and looked at some memes.
    This really isn't a dig at you, you're obviously well read. But holy shit everyone who can Google or follow a YouTube channel (often one which tells them what they want to hear) thinks they're a bloody expert these days. It's depressing.
    It's not in the least depressing. The more that speak the better it gets because it's from that endless exchange the truth will emerge. Eventually. When you claim the approved experts have studied in their relevant fields for years, we that's just not true either is it, in many cases. Was watching Doctor Bill Gates, Master of fuck all, laying down the medical news just the other day. And the drone interviewer sitting there and nodding sagely. What about the "expert" politicians who can parachute into a job on the Monday and be setting policy by the end of the week? You see them sharing their words of wisdom all across the news free, opinion dominated, mainstream media. Then there are the experts who are not allowed to speak at all, the ones who did actually study in their relevant fields for many years. Some of the most eminent experts in the fields of virology and epidemiology were completely sidelined during the Covid "debate", for example. Thousands of well read and practised medical professionals were brushed aside when they objected to the bullshit coming form the likes of Fauci, Whitty and the eternal arsehole Ferguson. Fauci and Whitty haven't practised anything except politics and bureaucracy for decades.

So be careful when you read the string of letters after their names. Ask why they are allowed to speak when others aren't. Ask why they always seem to be in line with the agendas of those who deal in power and profit. If anything it's the shameful behaviour of experts who should have known better and do know better that has driven people away from the academic debate. Once trust is lost it's hard to restore. When the debate is closed and only open to those with the "correct" conclusions it ends up being ignored and bypassed as people find other ways to discuss matters that affect them. Give the appalling behaviour of a string of so-called experts that have consistently led us through one wealth transfer after the next (sheer coincidence of course) what sort of society can you see developing if everyone just shut up and accepted what these obviously compromised individuals have to hand down in their eternally profitable wisdom?

The profit motive has made bastards of more people than can be named. These people are a long way from mother science and engulfed in something far less worthy. Not all of them of course. Some still hold true to the centuries of endeavour that got us this far. Those are the ones I listen to. "My scientists" as you like to say. Not because I agree with them, but because I can trace their methodology and conclusions back through science rather than politics.

911 has gone. Iraq has gone. The great housing rip-off has gone. In time Covid will be gone. But it's worth looking back to examine those periods and have a think about just how much expertise the well read gents who were running those shit shows genuinely have.

Global warming next. "Experts" who can't read a weather chart or a water level marker, hunched over their bullshit models and declaring the world at an end every 5 years. Those are the arseholes that will lead the debate, with everyone else labeled a denier. Not science or expertise, is it? Not when you have to behave like the Inquisition to make an argument.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    No doubt another piece of journalistic brilliance
    Yup didn't get the original source but I believe it was MAD magazine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boris Johnson in Warsaw.
    Aren't they suffering enough?
    I hate the Midlands.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.