User Tag List

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Ukraine vs Russia.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You initiate these spats
    Spat? Holy shit, I posted something as a joke. You're the one who wrote a long post taking it ever so seriously and are now spoiling for a fight.
    Lighten up, dude. I was messing around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60665877

I have more or less kept out of commenting on this situation because, honestly, I don’t know what I’m talking about. But I see stuff like this and I see people on social media all but punching the air about it. But let’s think about this for a minute. Aside from the inconvenience of people not being able to get a Big Mac (which is, I’d suggest, no bad thing). It now surely means there are thousands of Russians out of work. Hooray?

I get the idea of sanctions but it seems to me they’re affecting the wrong people disproportionately and won’t make any difference to what Putin is doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A word from the forgotten people of this war, the non-people, the East Ukrainians who have suffered ongoing losses at the hands of their so-called countrymen in the laughably described democratic nation of Ukraine. Where were the flags and mindless chants when these Ukrainians were being slaughtered?

Great interview. Pure realism.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Spat? Holy shit, I posted something as a joke. You're the one who wrote a long post taking it ever so seriously and are now spoiling for a fight.
    Lighten up, dude. I was messing around.
    Projection.

I saw a guy in the States shot the bastard who abused his kid. Good for him. I bet you don't approve Letters and you'll have to be careful the next time you go there.

It's just a joke!

etc, etc...
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Great interview. Pure realism.
    It's falling on deaf ears. If you haven't just eaten then scan down the top page of the Daily Mail web site. Yes, I know, that's like asking you to jet ski through a sewer. But it gives a chilling overview of the free fall our own societies are in as everyone piles on the hate for distant lands. I don't think I've ever seen it this bad. I had a hope some people might get a clue following Covid, and I suppose some have. And I guess the blanket censorship makes it appear like the vast majority have lost their minds, but it still seems a huge number of people in this country are prepared to swallow just about anything the state and its puppet media shits down on them. Propaganda is to be expected in war, even ludicrous and contradictory nonsense can fly if you get people frightened and enraged enough. But we're talking possible war with a nuclear power and it's not entirely certain the demons and money vampires running the show have any notion of where the line between clicks for cash, profits from arms sales (and all the other agendas) is drawn, beyond which real danger lies.

This reminds me a lot of 2007/8 when the "geniuses" who crashed a global economy to get even richer were shown up to be nothing more than a gang of thieves of limited intelligence and wit, fraudsters whose only excellence was they were prepared to sacrifice anything and everything to claw and scrape more than they could ever need and then some more and more still. The few with braincells who could see the onrushing disaster went along for the ride anyway because they just couldn't resist the frenzy, like sharks who end up eating each other. Besides, they knew their fellow criminals were in prime positions to ensure no direct cost was ever paid by those most responsible.

These people sacrificed 60 million jobs globally, vanished trillions of dollars from life savings, pension funds and local communities across the globe. Nobody counted how many died as a result. Then they did it all again with Covid. Now we just sit here and hope there's a shred of self preservation hidden somewhere in their black hearts and the frenzy doesn't take them over the precipice.

People who are screaming and cheering and frothing and waving their flags (in a way they'd never wave their own flag, btw) in support of a corrupt regime and its neo-Nazi allies, thousands of miles away, probably need to take at least 5 minutes to consider what really happens if their entertaining war ripe for virtue signalling and fist pumping sloganeering takes a turn beyond the control of those who continually show themselves to be incompetent and driven by the most basic instinct. One day it's all a bit of harmless rage and hate, the next it's the stone age and blood and guts on your own street.

Scan the Daily Mail, or the Guardian, or any of the "august" publications baying for clicks. Some are saying there's no way back for Putin now. But he's far from being alone in that fate. Is this what it was really like during WWII, I wonder? Once the bravery and the courage and the loyalty and all the other front page stuff was stripped away? Was it as deeply undignified then as it is today, or has the nation taken a dive into the depths?

We're just going to site here and let this play out and hope for the best I guess. Even though we could end it tomorrow if enough of us had an ounce of courage.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abramovich sanctioned.

Hopefully Chelsea go bust.

Boris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading the licence granted to Chelsea to continue to operate by the government, they are very limited.

Allowed to pay salaries, catering, travel to games & security costs but that is it.

No ticket sales (only ST holders allowed to attend), no merchandise sales or allowed to buy/sell players

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am mostly keeping quiet about all this because I really don't feel I know enough about it all - all the history/geography/politics.
    BUT, I think this is a move we can all get behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's falling on deaf ears. If you haven't just eaten then scan down the top page of the Daily Mail web site. Yes, I know, that's like asking you to jet ski through a sewer. But it gives a chilling overview of the free fall our own societies are in as everyone piles on the hate for distant lands. I don't think I've ever seen it this bad. I had a hope some people might get a clue following Covid, and I suppose some have. And I guess the blanket censorship makes it appear like the vast majority have lost their minds, but it still seems a huge number of people in this country are prepared to swallow just about anything the state and its puppet media shits down on them. Propaganda is to be expected in war, even ludicrous and contradictory nonsense can fly if you get people frightened and enraged enough. But we're talking possible war with a nuclear power and it's not entirely certain the demons and money vampires running the show have any notion of where the line between clicks for cash, profits from arms sales (and all the other agendas) is drawn, beyond which real danger lies.

This reminds me a lot of 2007/8 when the "geniuses" who crashed a global economy to get even richer were shown up to be nothing more than a gang of thieves of limited intelligence and wit, fraudsters whose only excellence was they were prepared to sacrifice anything and everything to claw and scrape more than they could ever need and then some more and more still. The few with braincells who could see the onrushing disaster went along for the ride anyway because they just couldn't resist the frenzy, like sharks who end up eating each other. Besides, they knew their fellow criminals were in prime positions to ensure no direct cost was ever paid by those most responsible.

These people sacrificed 60 million jobs globally, vanished trillions of dollars from life savings, pension funds and local communities across the globe. Nobody counted how many died as a result. Then they did it all again with Covid. Now we just sit here and hope there's a shred of self preservation hidden somewhere in their black hearts and the frenzy doesn't take them over the precipice.

People who are screaming and cheering and frothing and waving their flags (in a way they'd never wave their own flag, btw) in support of a corrupt regime and its neo-Nazi allies, thousands of miles away, probably need to take at least 5 minutes to consider what really happens if their entertaining war ripe for virtue signalling and fist pumping sloganeering takes a turn beyond the control of those who continually show themselves to be incompetent and driven by the most basic instinct. One day it's all a bit of harmless rage and hate, the next it's the stone age and blood and guts on your own street.

Scan the Daily Mail, or the Guardian, or any of the "august" publications baying for clicks. Some are saying there's no way back for Putin now. But he's far from being alone in that fate. Is this what it was really like during WWII, I wonder? Once the bravery and the courage and the loyalty and all the other front page stuff was stripped away? Was it as deeply undignified then as it is today, or has the nation taken a dive into the depths?

We're just going to site here and let this play out and hope for the best I guess. Even though we could end it tomorrow if enough of us had an ounce of courage.
    great stuff, when does the DVD come out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I am mostly keeping quiet about all this because I really don't feel I know enough about it all - all the history/geography/politics.
    BUT, I think this is a move we can all get behind.

except that the last time they weren't allowed to buy players they realised they actually had a whole bunch of talented people on the books and actually became a lot better - a bit like Arteta accidentally discovering ESR and Saka in fact, when he was forced to play them...