User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match reaction v Watford away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match reaction v Watford away

Pretty happy that we got the win and scored three goals. However, we could have easily fucked that up. Onwards and upwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closer than it needed to be but we played very well for most of it and scored some lovely goals.

Leicester and Liverpool at home to come. Bring it on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Delighted with where it’s going. Defence looked a bit shaky at times, but we know they’re a strong unit who will only get better with age an experience - we haven’t rotated the keeper or central pairing much this season, so maybe they’re starting to feel it a bit now, but we’ve already got a new keeper and big Bill Saliba coming in next season, so that should keep them on their toes, and obviously Tomi is a big miss atm.

Really happy with the attack though - all the questions at the start of the year were about style and identity, and whether we could we play good football in more than 30 minute bursts every 3-4 games? And since Christmas they’ve all been about where the goals were coming from? Well the style of play has gone from strength to strength, we’re sustaining it across 90 minutes and consecutive games, and the goals are coming from everywhere except CF - quite the turnaround from when they only came from Aubameyang.

As I said in the other thread, the fact that the team and squad depth is still imperfect should be cause for genuine excitement, not worry, because we’re already playing some lovely stuff even as we are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Important win and a big step forward given 2 of our rivals slipped up. I thought we looked decent going forward and could and should have scored more. We were sloppy defensively today, looked vulnerable pretty much the entire game and they caused us problems. That is to be expected, but we will not get it so easy when going to places like Villa, Southampton etc

Another big game next week, they all are now, we definitely need to be aiming for pretty much maximum points in the remaining home games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    listened in the car on the radio and watched the goals this morning

great goals and a lot of good stuff but Arteta got too defensive at the end - not for the first time - and it nearly costs us two points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve been better defensively but Watford are fighting relegation so you had to expect some kind of pressure from them.

It was a game we should have won by 4 or 5 but we don’t really have a +1 merchant to kill things off. The goals were picture perfect but that was probably the only way we were scoring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    We’ve been better defensively but Watford are fighting relegation so you had to expect some kind of pressure from them.

It was a game we should have won by 4 or 5 but we don’t really have a +1 merchant to kill things off. The goals were picture perfect but that was probably the only way we were scoring.
    We should've had a pen at 3-1 which would've put it to bed.

We should also have an alternative to Xhaka who wouldn't have given the ball away with a needlessly risky crossfield pass, then failed to do the bare minimum to defend it afterwards.

Oh well, summer's coming.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Collectively we have plenty of goals in this side, and I think we now have 4 or 5 players who are also capable of moments of magic - what it feels like we're lacking is fill-your-boots forward who is greedy for goals. At the moment, everyone seems quite content with just getting 1 per 90 for themselves.

Like WMUG says, though, there's nothing we can do about it until the summer so I guess there's no sense in worrying about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Important win and a big step forward given 2 of our rivals slipped up. I thought we looked decent going forward and could and should have scored more. We were sloppy defensively today, looked vulnerable pretty much the entire game and they caused us problems. That is to be expected, but we will not get it so easy when going to places like Villa, Southampton etc

Another big game next week, they all are now, we definitely need to be aiming for pretty much maximum points in the remaining home games.
    Straight fight between us and the Spuds.
    They have the easiest run in. Going to be difficult IMHO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Straight fight between us and the Spuds.
    They have the easiest run in. Going to be difficult IMHO.
    NLD's gonna be crucial.

And the home team usually wins those.

You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting