Thread: Formula 1 | 2022 Season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Formula 1 | 2022 Season

After the farce of last season I don't have much enthusiasm, but it all starts again this weekend in Bahrain.

Vettel has covid so Hulkenberg steps in.

Mazepin is out at Haas, replaced by K. Magnussen.
    Russell to Mercedes
    Bottas to Alfa Romeo
    Albon to Williams
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ferrari's look good.

Not so great for Ricciardo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leclerc on pole! Verstappen second, Sainz third. Perez, Hamilton, Bottas, Magnussen, Alonso, Russel and Gasly follow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bottas out qualified Russell!

NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GP starts very soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Verstappen did take the lead but Leclerc takes it back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The marketing brigade will eat up and puke out anything of value. And they’ll be applauded while they do it.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn’t have to be dangerous to have purpose or be a sport.
    But sport should be person vs person, not machine vs machine.
    F1 is a weird mix of both I’ve never been able to get the hang of.
    And the result of last season’s championship was clearly manipulated.
    As always I like to think because of incompetence rather than malice but it doesn’t really matter which. It can’t be taken seriously after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It doesn’t have to be dangerous to have purpose or be a sport.
    But sport should be person vs person, not machine vs machine.
    F1 is a weird mix of both I’ve never been able to get the hang of.
    And the result of last season’s championship was clearly manipulated.
    As always I like to think because of incompetence rather than malice but it doesn’t really matter which. It can’t be taken seriously after that.
    You know nothing of significance about F1 - yet you are certain about your conspiracy theory, in between calling others conspiracy theorists.

Btw, yes it does need to be dangerous. That's one of the pillars very much understood by petrol heads past (who witnessed the genuine article) and present (who sustain themselves on nostalgia while waiting for this parody of F1 to be fixed). The danger separates the men from people like you.

You should watch the TT and let me know how, exactly, you remove the danger yet still end up with the same result. F1 is no different, except when the day-tripping, prawn cocktail brigade get attracted for the purposes of marketing to their pliable minds.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You know nothing of significance about F1 - yet you are certain about your conspiracy theory
    Comprehension isn't really your forte, is it sunshine? Let me try and help:

Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    As always I like to think because of incompetence rather than malice
    See? I said I wasn't sure if it was some deliberate thing or just idiocy, and I leaned towards the latter.
    Fine, I said "manipulated", maybe that was the wrong word. But either way the result was changed by the actions of the race director.
    It felt like Arsenal going 3-0 up, the ref sending off two of our players and shouting "next goal wins!"

You should watch the TT and let me know how, exactly, you remove the danger yet still end up with the same result.
    My mum lives on the Isle of Man, I have seen the TT live
    I personally don't care if it's dangerous - but then I personally don't care about racing at all. And I'd suggest it still is dangerous, your grumble seems to be they've made crashes more survivable, which is a ridiculous thing to complain about.

My issue is that sport should be "may the best man win". If it's just about who has the fastest car then what's the point? I mean, it might be an interesting competition, but it's not sport. F1 isn't just about that of course, but it is a weird mix of the teams trying to make the fastest car, and the drivers trying to be the best driver. It's a sort of mix between a technical competition and a sport.

I think it's similar to some of my problem with modern football. Sure, money has always played a part but now it's such a big factor in where the trophies end up. Who cares which billionaire beats which billionaire? You all but know it's going to be one of them and the rest don't stand a chance, so what's the point?