Thread: Match Reaction v Villa (away).

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction v Villa (away).

0-1 but still quite comfortable really.

Now Ramsdale isn't there, quite easy to see what we lose from his distribution.

Still, overall quite a good first half and second half, could've done better in some situations.

On we go to the international break with the top 4 trophy in our hands and not in anyone elses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good result but again it show's that we need a striker badly could be the difference in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do need a striker but also inexperience and poor decision-making were on show again, Odegaard not always making the right choice in and around the box and what was ESR doing getting in Laca's way for that chance in the box?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big 3 points.

The head to heads we’ve got against the teams around us will decide 4th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    0-1 but still quite comfortable really.

Now Ramsdale isn't there, quite easy to see what we lose from his distribution.

Still, overall quite a good first half and second half, could've done better in some situations.

On we go to the international break with the top 4 trophy in our hands and not in anyone elses.
    What happened to Ramsdale?
    That is a huge blow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    A good result but again it show's that we need a striker badly could be the difference in the end.
    Great result ���� 1-0 to the Arsenal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought we looked very good first half, totally controlled the game. We tired second half but always looked to have control of the game.

Massive 3 points and a step closer to CL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again, the only disappointing thing about the performance was the lack of ruthlessness in attack. So many good opportunities wasted because of a poor decision, a lack of convinction in the final pass/shot or a pointless extra touch.

Partey, Xhaka and the whole defence were excellent. ESR was classy as always, but probably still not fully fit. Saka shat on another opponent and was allowed to be kicked out of the game again by deplorable officials. Laca was Laca.

If Nketiah and Pepe are still somehow here next season, I hope they're behind Biereth/Hutchinson/Bischoff in the pecking order. They're of absolutely no use to this team going forward. Pepe's two highlight reel moments per season are not worth the hugely detrimental impact he has on the standard of the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This young team has absolutely no right to be this professional this soon! Not gonna lie, I was a little worried about this one, but they just keep shutting games down and getting business done. Love it.

If we can win our next 3 (Palace, Brighton and Southampton) then I think we’re pretty much there - I know we’ve got some tough games after that, but that would make it 9 wins from 10 games and I think that might be enough to break the chasing pack. Seriously, it’s just demoralising when you need the team in front of you to slip up and they just go on winning and winning and winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    If we can win our next 3 (Palace, Brighton and Southampton) then I think we’re pretty much there - I know we’ve got some tough games after that, but that would make it 9 wins from 10 games and I think that might be enough to break the chasing pack. Seriously, it’s just demoralising when you need the team in front of you to slip up and they just go on winning and winning and winning.
    "No team wants top 4!"

"They're all inconsistent!"

"Same old soft, silky, gung-ho, porous Arsenal!"

"We don't actually watch any Arsenal games properly!"