User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Arsenal v Brighton 3pm on a Saturday :) 9 April 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Lack of firepower has killed us unfortunately. We did well to plod along as we did but with no reliable route to goal it was always likely to end in tears.

Season on the verge of being in the gutter now unless Spurs do something Spursy.
    it’s over, those lot won’t be collapsing under Conte, they are gathering momentum. If anything we could start sliding down the table with the run in we have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems that way, wasn’t expecting us to blow it in these games though. Disappointing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Seems that way, wasn’t expecting us to blow it in these games though. Disappointing.
    Aye me too. Can't be bothered to rant and rave, I'm disappointed too. Didn't see it coming with these games, almost feels like we have given up after today, feels like the belief has gone which is incredible considering we looked bang on it a few weeks ago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s funny how quickly things change in football.
    Not long ago Spurs fans were throwing in the towel. They were going Spursy, we were digging out results. Now we are falling flat on our stupid faces while they are flying.
    It could swing back but it’s looking unlikely.
    In brief: bugger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only did January leave us with a painfully thin squad no with out and out goalscorer relying on Martinelli, Saka and Laca who isn't known to be prolific even when on form and Smith-Rowe hasn't looked the same since his injury so think we might me able to snatch 5th this depending on Manure being as bad as we are

Oh and just checked we have Southampton away next week that should give them a lift after the Chelski defeat
    Last edited by dazthegooner; 10-04-2022 at 07:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Aye me too. Can't be bothered to rant and rave, I'm disappointed too. Didn't see it coming with these games, almost feels like we have given up after today, feels like the belief has gone which is incredible considering we looked bang on it a few weeks ago.
    I did say after Palace it felt like a bit of a watershed moment. It certainly didn’t feel like just a bad day at the office, bit of bad luck etc. We looked tired and not really up for the challenge. Injuries in key areas have exposed the limited squad and having a striker who can’t score goals suddenly matters because hold up play isn’t going to make a difference long term.

I’m sure we’ll rally again but now we’re chasing I’m not sure we’ve got enough to take it to the wire.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 10-04-2022 at 07:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    REALLY DISAPPOINTING YESTERDAY BUT WHILE WE CAN LOOK AT THE PLAYERS IT REALLY DIDN'T HELP THAT arteta reorganised the midfield because he wasn't prepared to play Tavares, which was a mistake in itself IMO, if you aren't going to give a player more minutes at home v Brighton you're basically writing them off so we're now another player short

Having Odegaard further back was a mistake, ESR can't play CM IMO, he's better on the wing

If arteta really didn't want to play Tavares he could have put Cedric at LB, White at RB and brought Holding in

And how about all those players unavailable through being loaned or sold - Chambers, AMN, Balogun, Saliba, Torreira, Guendouzi, Kola....

Chambers in particular can play at RB, so could have allowed Cedric to swap without moving White
    Last edited by Mac76; 10-04-2022 at 08:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    REALLY DISAPPOINTING YESTERDAY BUT WHILE WE CAN LOOK AT THE PLAYERS IT REALLY DIDN'T HELP THAT arteta reorganised the midfield because he wasn't prepared to play Tavares, which was a mistake in itself IMO, if you aren't going to give a player more minutes at home v Brighton you're basically writing them off so we're now another player short

Having Odegaard further back was a mistake, ESR can't play CM IMO, he's better on the wing

If arteta really didn't want to play Tavares he could have put Cedric at LB, White at RB and brought Holding in

And how about all those players unavailable through being loaned or sold - Chambers, AMN, Balogun, Saliba, Torreira, Guendouzi, Kola....

Chambers in particular can play at RB, so could have allowed Cedric to swap without moving White
    As yourself and others have said on the Arteta thread in the Main forum, Arteta's game management of some of the squad players has been atrocious. Starting Xhaka at left back and putting that alien Midfield together of Sambi, ESR & Odegaard was a sackable offence. Way too many positional changes necessary in such an important game irrespective of the opposition.

His game management of Pepe hasn't been great either, all this talk of "Nico has improved he looks a different player" yet he hardly gives him any minutes. I accept hindsight is a wonderful thing but Arteta has definitely fallen short in this area.

What worries me is this appears to be a trait of his and quite a knee jerk one at that. Assuming we buy a whole heap of players this summer similar to last summer, is Arteta going to discard any player who comes in and performs poorly? He needs to trust his squad more.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

Yep - putting Xhaka at LB when it has already been proven, he is a disaster in that postion, was suicidal.
    Not to mention, then moving Martinelli to LB and destrying the attack further - what the actual fuck?!?

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    As yourself and others have said on the Arteta thread in the Main forum, Arteta's game management of some of the squad players has been atrocious. Starting Xhaka at left back and putting that alien Midfield together of Sambi, ESR & Odegaard was a sackable offence. Way too many positional changes necessary in such an important game irrespective of the opposition.

His game management of Pepe hasn't been great either, all this talk of "Nico has improved he looks a different player" yet he hardly gives him any minutes. I accept hindsight is a wonderful thing but Arteta has definitely fallen short in this area.

What worries me is this appears to be a trait of his and quite a knee jerk one at that. Assuming we buy a whole heap of players this summer similar to last summer, is Arteta going to discard any player who comes in and performs poorly? He needs to trust his squad more.
    Again, the players have let us down badly the last two games - but both games have highlighted the serious limitations of Arteta's current management level.