User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Chelsea (away).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    and very grudgingly i'll admit Xhaka MAY have done one or two things that weren't absolutely terrible...
    Quoted for posterity before he edits it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    totally agree re Elneny, always thought that

and very grudgingly i'll admit Xhaka MAY have done one or two things that weren't absolutely terrible...
    Xhaka turned his back on a shot for one of their goals though

He was decent other than that though, very assured performance second half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post
    Absolutely.

Elneny has been pretty solid every time he's come on this season.
    Baffling why he doesn't play more tbh.

Xhaka needed to step up really and he did well 2nd half.
    Aye, Elneny is a decent squad player TBF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like deja vu all over again with the last years of Wenger. 3 shitty results followed by a lightning strike of a genius game. Chelea in defence yesterday were like the looney tunes. We all know how this ends. 5th position or worse NEXT season and a new extension for Arteta. We ain't going anywhere with this apprentice. The opposition we face is just too good. A proper manager is needed. NOW.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched MOTD and agree with them that it was a pel, Azpi was the original offender, anything Saka does after is irrevelant - if Azpi's arms weren't all over Saka he'd not have conceded a pel, it's that simple

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two chavs should have been sent off and there were 3 decent penalty shouts and only one given. Would be bad form to moan about that return, even for MOTD. The ref was awful and I don't know what the fuck VAR was up to. Some of the soft yellows and reds given in so many games, compared to studs-up Mount and his habitual offending. But that's the game and has been for a long time. It's funny how they have pulled VAR into the bullshit. "VAR is checking it!", as if that makes any difference.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It's funny how they have pulled VAR into the bullshit. "VAR is checking it!", as if that makes any difference.
    Was talking to a mate about this the other night - Spurs season ticket holder
    He says he basically doesn't celebrate goals now almost until there's a kick off. Because till then who knows if the goal will actually be given?
    And there's always been that chance of course but now you're having to wait in case the ball randomly brushed someone's arm, because now that's hand ball. Or someone might be a pixel offside. It's complete bullshit.
    VAR is not wrong in principle - I think it was used well in the Euros. But the PL are using it really poorly. They have to sort out the offside nonsense. No-one cares if a player is a millimetre offside. We scored a goal at Stamford Bridge some years ago - Van Persie if I remember rightly, and he was miles offside. Obviously I laughed my head off that the goal was given but if VAR deals with stuff like that then fair enough. But when you're having to draw lines and zoom in to see if any tiny part of a player was offside then just let it go. If you're having to look that closely then it clearly wasn't obvious. Get on with it.
    And the handball thing is nonsense. Defenders having to put their arms behind their back for fear of an attacker blasting it at their arm from 3 yards and hand ball being given. Utter nonsense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    He says he basically doesn't celebrate goals now almost until there's a kick off. Because till then who knows if the goal will actually be given?
    And there's always been that chance of course but now you're having to wait in case the ball randomly brushed someone's arm, because now that's hand ball. Or someone might be a pixel offside. It's complete bullshit.
    VAR is not wrong in principle - I think it was used well in the Euros. But the PL are using it really poorly. They have to sort out the offside nonsense. No-one cares if a player is a millimetre offside. We scored a goal at Stamford Bridge some years ago - Van Persie if I remember rightly, and he was miles offside. Obviously I laughed my head off that the goal was given but if VAR deals with stuff like that then fair enough. But when you're having to draw lines and zoom in to see if any tiny part of a player was offside then just let it go. If you're having to look that closely then it clearly wasn't obvious. Get on with it.
    And the handball thing is nonsense. Defenders having to put their arms behind their back for fear of an attacker blasting it at their arm from 3 yards and hand ball being given. Utter nonsense.
    If you go all the way back to early sport it was the exact opposite of what we have now. Leaving technology to one side, I'm sure just as many mistakes were made back then as are made today but, of course, there was no grubby TV producer honing in on everything in slow motion so fans can feel hard done by after the fact. And in the beginning there was sportsmanship. Mistakes were made but they were genuine mistakes, so forgiven as such. It's the irrational pursuit of perfect fairness governed by technology rather than the good will of the participants that's the problem. TV is not there to solve problems, it's there to create them as a cynical form of entertainment. Refs can't be trusted, players can't be trusted not to cheat and dive around the place and try to win advantage by every underhand method. So you bring in VAR to try to sort the mess out. It's the wrong way around and a lost cause from the start. It should be the human beings that change, not the rules.

What is it, 25, 30 years since Robbie Fowler dived in the box but recovered enough dignity to wave the penalty away? If the people directly involved in sport could just have a bit more respect for the game and themselves things would improve. It's possible, but improbable.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He says he basically doesn't celebrate goals now almost until there's a kick off.
    i don't celebrate spuds goals at all - ofc those Arsenal 'fans' with K**t and Sonofabitch in their FPL teams presumably jump up and down with excitement...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martinelli vs Brighton last week. The VAR footage literally couldn't tell if he was offside or not, but they still disallowed it. No idea how or why.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.