Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match reaction v Leeds home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I am actually with NQ here.

We have certainly accepted second best here. In my mind, we are currently the best of a bad or average bunch.

I am never confident when this team take to the field because you never know who is going to turn up.

Are you confident with this lot for the Spuds game? I'm not.

Was I confident when Vieria, Bergkamp and Henry were out there? Hell yes!!
    Even when we were 3 goals behind, on those rare occasions.

It's not possible to un-see the great football and try to replace it with the garbage (not just Arsenal, but all of them) that passes as football today.

Even so, some clubs are so far ahead of us it's beyond forgiveness, given the resources this club has extracted from the fans.

For some reason clouded by the past I still want Arsenal to beat the spuds on Thu. I'll even watch it and cheer them on. But I'm not really cheering for them, I'm cheering for a memory. I'd cheer on this Top 4 Trophy BS too if there was more than a zero chance of competing in that competition. But there isn't.

The club has literally turned qualifying for the CL into the finish line. Qualifying is the starting gate, not the bus top parade.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It's not possible to un-see the great football and try to replace it with the garbage (not just Arsenal, but all of them) that passes as football today.
    I mean, you're right. But surely during the glory years you knew in the back of your mind that it wouldn't always be like that.
    That side from 2002-4 was one of the best club sides I've seen, it was never going to be like that forever. It is admittedly depressing just how far we've fallen, but if that side is your benchmark then look forward to a lifetime of disappointment.

Even so, some clubs are so far ahead of us it's beyond forgiveness, given the resources this club has extracted from the fans.
    Agree with this. It is hard to compete with the sides who have the infinite money cheat on and it's no co-incidence that they've hoovered up most of the trophies between them over the last 20 years. But with our resources we should be closer than we are.

I just want to see us heading in the right direction and for now I reckon we are. I'm not sure how far Arteta can take us but I think he's earning the right to try.