User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Season autopsy v Newcastle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if that’s blown our chances of getting Gabriel Jesus too. The snobbery I’ve read about him since we’ve been linked, you’d think we have a prime fucking Henry up front or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    I didn't expect champions league at the start of the season but to be in this position and miss out, especially to those cunts, really hurts.

I do see some promising signs but right now it's hard to look past the results.
    Even more painful is that Kane and Son will stay put and they will attract more quality.
    Thanks Arteta and the rest of the bottle jobs who don't give a f# about this club.
    Bloody shambles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Same story for 10 years and no sign of change. The club is rotten at the core. Until every last person involved with the club is gone, nothing will change. That includes most of the fans who have been rabbiting on about "progress"
    Progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve missed a big opportunity and if I’m honest I don’t think Spurs under Conte with Champions League football or United under ETH will be so inconsistent next season. Arteta & Edu have a lot of work to do this summer improving the team and convincing some of their targets to come here. Hiding behind a young squad won’t work with me next season, no more excuses, get this club back in the Top 4 and challenging for trophies, it’s what we all want and it’s what we should expect if you are spending upwards of 100 Million every summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

As soon as CL qualification became EXPECTED, rather than a pipe dream, they folded like a pack of cards. Lost all the composure that got them into a position to challenge in the first place. I’m gutted and even more so that it’s fucking Spurs who will beat us to the finish after we were in the driving seat for so long.
    Things like bringing in that fucking bullshit anthem didn't help either, it just ramped up the pressure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Same story for 10 years and no sign of change. The club is rotten at the core. Until every last person involved with the club is gone, nothing will change. That includes most of the fans who have been rabbiting on about "progress"

Probably your best post ever.

And just as you called it the usual suspects are seeing "Progress"...this is a guy who in his first season won the FA cup beating Citeh and Chelsea, got narrowly knocked out of the League cup by a respectable Liverpool and only fluffed the EL in the knockout stages while still ensuring some WC eyecandy in his team like Auba, Laca and Ozil.

He has now managed to do exactly what this season? Finish behind Chelsea and Tottenham for the 3rd year in a row, clear out all our world class stars and revive a dying Barcelona team with a supposed Trojan Horse that we are still waiting to go "Trojan"! I mean what really has he achieved...wow he has managed to come 5th by ensuring we play 16 games less than we did every other season we achieved this and more!! Forgetting that all our rivals above us have played considerably more games this season and are still counting silverware.

Well the good news is he has at least managed to get to where Emery was after his first full season, though now his win % is actually worst than Emery's....but yeah thats what Arsenal fans call "Progress"....a manager who takes us full circle while actively weakning us and making us unattractive to the world recruitment wise.

This experiment is a joke and as usual the same set of fans are the ones who are most culpable for being the active enablers for this sort of competitive wretchedness. Mannnn..... this saga is all to boring and predictable.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 16-05-2022 at 10:42 PM.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next season is going to be so fucking weird with the league stopping in November for the World Cup.

Failing to make Champions League and having to go through interminable sagas in order to sign players once more is a real kick in the dick.

Arteta cannot afford to have the same slow start and also we cannot have the same incompetence we've seen in being goal threats for most of the season.

Also Xhaka has to go, he has been a monument to our fall League wise. We haven't made the Champions League since he has been here and he is calling out other players for not having the balls to be here?

He's not wrong on that I suppose but coming from him is a lot to take!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post

Probably your best post ever.
    That's a very low bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post

Also Xhaka has to go, he has been a monument to our fall League wise.
    Now we're talking, totally right, he's a complete banter player who would've been benched and then sold by any self-respecting club long ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no rebuilding with Arteta at the helm next season. Spuds United Chelsea Newcastle West ham. Those are the teams we need to beat next season to make progress. All have vastly better managers. We will write be here same time next year lamenting another lost season. No doubt about it.. Arteta is a bust.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day