User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season autopsy v Newcastle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season autopsy v Newcastle

Well, we knew they were a young team probably punching above their weight and since that Leeds second half really, they’ve just looked like a frightened bunch of boys who weren’t ready.

As soon as CL qualification became EXPECTED, rather than a pipe dream, they folded like a pack of cards. Lost all the composure that got them into a position to challenge in the first place. I’m gutted and even more so that it’s fucking Spurs who will beat us to the finish after we were in the driving seat for so long.

There’s a lot of good to take on board from this season but we’ve also lost 13 games, a third of the fixtures which is woeful. We’ve also conceded more than last year and only score one more as well.

If you want to look at it from a purely positional view then yeah, 8th to 5th is fine but there are some huge underlying issues here and work to be done. Starting with the attack because it’s horrendously average, how many games have we drawn a blank this season and not even looked like scoring?

Ah well. Fuck football, there’s always next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same story for 10 years and no sign of change. The club is rotten at the core. Until every last person involved with the club is gone, nothing will change. That includes most of the fans who have been rabbiting on about "progress"
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't expect champions league at the start of the season but to be in this position and miss out, especially to those cunts, really hurts.

I do see some promising signs but right now it's hard to look past the results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve a good group but it’s a group that desperately needs a sprinkling of quality. We’ve got enough triers but no killers to make the difference.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always felt Spurs were more likely to get it - they have Son and Kane up front and we…don’t.
    And while I do think Auba had to go, failing to sign anyone in January left us with a very thin squad and no striker to speak of. For a while we were getting away with it and grinding out results. I think if you’d told us that with 2 games to go CL qualification would be in our hands then we’d have taken it, but the failure to finish the job is wearyingly familiar.

We are a work in progress and I think if we add a proper striker and some more depth there is the makings of a good team here. I kinda think Arteta should get another season but it’s Top 4 or bust next year.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dreadful performance in a must win game.

+9 GD.

It's difficult to really talk about improvement with that now.

Yes 5th is higher than 8th of course but the ending...jesus that was grim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Always felt Spurs were more likely to get it - they have Son and Kane up front and we…don’t.
    And while I do think Auba had to go, failing to sign anyone in January left us with a very thin squad and no striker to speak of. For a while we were getting away with it and grinding out results. I think if you’d told us that with 2 games to go CL qualification would be in our hands then we’d have taken it, but the failure to finish the job is wearyingly familiar.

We are a work in progress and I think if we add a proper striker and some more depth there is the makings of a good team here. I kinda think Arteta should get another season but it’s Top 4 or bust next year.
    I have a spoiler alert for you.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    I have a spoiler alert for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, some of the players we've been linked with for next season wanted to sign on the basis that we qualified for the Champions league, so we'll now have to sign the knock offs that we can get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a positive note, we just won the Top 5 trophy. Utd can't catch us. There are many clubs who would dream of winning the Top 5 Trophy. Like my local village pub team, who are on par with some of the clubs who will compete in the Shitkicker Cup next season. Dynamo Cesspit, Red Star Colostomy, it's all to play for in 2023.
    Für eure Sicherheit