User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Here's where we are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Seen ESRs injury isn't serious but he'll miss the Brentford game. As will Zinchenko.

Hopefully Partey is back but haven't seen... He is in the Ghana squad though.
    ESR's become almost inconsequential, he needs to get his fitness together, lose some weight and show some motivation - in his last appearance i saw him, the Villa home game, he came on as a sub, walked around aimlessly and offered nothing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    ESR's become almost inconsequential, he needs to get his fitness together, lose some weight and show some motivation - in his last appearance i saw him, the Villa home game, he came on as a sub, walked around aimlessly and offered nothing
    Yep, definitely agree with that.

Concerning. Apparently he's had issues with his diet/lifestyle but it was said he had improved...doesn't look like it though. He's fat (for a footballer)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ESR has been out of the picture all year really. Scored loads of goals pre Christmas last year but has barely featured since. Martinelli has done well enough to keep him out of the side but I’ve got a feeling he’s also fallen out of favour with Arteta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    ESR has been out of the picture all year really. Scored loads of goals pre Christmas last year but has barely featured since. Martinelli has done well enough to keep him out of the side but I’ve got a feeling he’s also fallen out of favour with Arteta.
    Naw sure about that, man.

I reckon he's naw been consistently fit enough to even challenge a return to the starting line up. We all know Arteta doesn't gie a single fuck about about form though, he plays his favorites regardless...so you may be on to something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we as a club need to start thinking of life without ESR, Partey and KT... these guys are made of the same injury prone Rosicky/Diaby genes. We need to move these guys on at this point.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Just had a look at the fixture list and it's already clear where our season's going to fall apart.

Liverpool A, 8 Apr
    West Ham A, 15 Apr
    Southamton H, 22 Apr
    Man City A, 26 Apr
    Chelsea H, 29 Apr
    Newcastle A, 6 May

There is absolutely zero chance that this run of fixtures doesn't destroy our season, whatever we may be in the running for at that stage.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worst part is that we fucked it in the 2 fixtures from the list you would have thought we were most likely to win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did that earlier in the season, sort of the other way around.
    Beat Utd and Spurs and then lost to Everton and drew against Brentford
    But for every slip we could point to several games we won well or won having been behind.
    We could yet get 90 points and before City assembled this squad that was more than enough to win the title. We have to get something out of the head to heads next year if we’re going to have a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Brentford draw was courtesy of VAR remember...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The worst part is that we fucked it in the 2 fixtures from the list you would have thought we were most likely to win.
    That's approaching 2 decades of fighting like fuck to gain an advantage and, just when the killer blow can be struck, choking hard. Recurring theme. Every since Paddy left the midfield. It has always been the position we most desperately needed to fill but never did. We never had the money to afford the luxury of building a team around Cesc. Catastrophic and vain mistake by Wenger which he's since acknowledged, sort of.

From the bits I have seen this season it remains the last repair job. Even sticking Jorginho in there, a little bit of experience and guile, gives something. Not a long term solution. That still has to be found. And you push it over the top by getting that 30 goal striker. Would probably need 250 mill over 5 years. But I'm guessing we already wasted more than that in the last few years. So why not?
    Für eure Sicherheit