Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Here's where we are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    18 points tbh.
    Anything less is a sackable offence tbf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Just had a look at the fixture list and it's already clear where our season's going to fall apart.

Liverpool A, 8 Apr
    West Ham A, 15 Apr
    Southamton H, 22 Apr
    Man City A, 26 Apr
    Chelsea H, 29 Apr
    Newcastle A, 6 May

There is absolutely zero chance that this run of fixtures doesn't destroy our season, whatever we may be in the running for at that stage.
    We need around 75 points. Play the same games as everyone else. If we only get 3 of those 75 points from that run it doesn't matter if we get the other 72 over the rest of the season.

We have a decent start so I'd really like to see the signings finalized asap to maximize those games. Fuckin infuriates me when teams leave signings to the last day of the window when they've already missed 5 games or whatever. Pure stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    We need around 75 points. Play the same games as everyone else. If we only get 3 of those 75 points from that run it doesn't matter if we get the other 72 over the rest of the season.

We have a decent start so I'd really like to see the signings finalized asap to maximize those games. Fuckin infuriates me when teams leave signings to the last day of the window when they've already missed 5 games or whatever. Pure stupid.
    If we get 75 points from the season, we'll be challenging for the title before those games
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The world cup should make things a little bit spicy in the run in - I wouldn't be surprised if all the games in the last 6 weeks are utter chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    So far so good with the improvements to the team.

New number 9 and Nketiah extended. I'm a lot happier with Jesus now than I was at the initial intradest, tbh. The more I read, I guess. Fan confirmation bias/optimism maybe...
    I wasn't quite ready to give up on Nketiah either...just summin in the West Ham game for me...I think with Martinelli and Balagun there too it's probably enough. Not a title challenging cohort for me but decent enough to challenge for top 4.

Vieira still a bit of an unknown, obvs, but clearly an attempt to fill the creative void (other than Odegaard) in the squad. Hopefully he's already started his steroid cycle.

A wide player is still the priority for me. Then another CM. Really don't get the LB or tiny CB intradest but I'm unjustifiably all in on Saliba.

Two more signings would be huge. If it's Tielemans and someone even close to Raphinha's stature then I reckon it's a brilliant window.
    An post that is both optimistic and realistic (if that's possible )
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the signings have been positive so far, but there's also the departures to consider and they too will make a statement about our ambitions

In particular, as far as i'm concerned no club with serious ambition should be starting next season with a banter player like Xhaka in the squad

his departure has to be a priority, so we can truly reset and move on from the time when players like him were considered to be good enough to be starting matches for Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xhaka's going nowhere, not now that his midfield partner is going to prison.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’ll be no prison movies where he’s going.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Xhaka's going nowhere, not now that his midfield partner is going to prison.

That’s where you go if you Rape people (or go to Rape people)

Well actually 95% of the time that isn’t the case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen ESRs injury isn't serious but he'll miss the Brentford game. As will Zinchenko.

Hopefully Partey is back but haven't seen... He is in the Ghana squad though.