User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: All or Nothing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, my main criticism of Arteta would be his team keeps collapsing like a cheap whore caught in a GI drop zone. Maybe focus on that first and consider the finer details after the catastrophic stuff has been addressed.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Hmmm, my main criticism of Arteta would be his team keeps collapsing like a cheap whore caught in a GI drop zone. Maybe focus on that first and consider the finer details after the catastrophic stuff has been addressed.
    That can be addressed very easily. They arent very good

But the reason they aren’t even meeting their mediocre potential is because Arteta is likely a) on the neuro diverse spectrum (look at his inability to hold eye contact with people) and b) has such a frail ego that he needs to make examples of others in order to deflect from his own deficiencies as a coach and a human being.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I don't know anything about all that. Didn't watch this program and have no interest in it. All I know is I consistently saw that bloke White get the ball to his feet, with time, and do shit I'd be embarrassed to repeat on a Sunday league dirt patch. There's something very seriously wrong with any manager who can allow that standard to exist on a professional football pitch. Maybe it's for the reasons you state, but after so many years of watching football swirl down the drain I think it has more to do with a general disrespect for the sport by all concerned. And if we are one bunch of disrespectful cunts who get the better of some other bunch down the road, for the bargain price of several million quid in a week's wages, then I'd say it was time for all of them to go, not just Arteta. He's just a symptom, not a cause.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    The difference is your reaching for explanations I'm using Occam’s razor as a guide
    Which is all it is, a guiding principle not some inalienable law of the universe.
    And no you’re not, you have some weird hate boner for Arteta for some reason. All your pontifications about him are twisted through that lens. And for balance, I like Arteta so I guess I am more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Whether you like him or not, it’s clear there has been progress under him. Not just in terms of results, but in terms of the way we play, team cohesion and the relationship between fans and the team. That last point is vital, when that relationship between team and fanbase is broken, as it was, then it’s a serious problem. I don’t go to games now but by all accounts there has been a clear change in atmosphere. The fans are buying in to what the club are trying to build, it seems the players are too. Let’s see where that takes is this season. We don’t know where that will take us. I’ll judge that, and Arteta, at (all together now) the end of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    My issue is we were not in a position to decide that our best striker was beyond redemption. And when you can look at the way Guendouzi was dealt with and look at our current central midfield and not consider that an issue, the problem is not with the people pointing out that something is hideously wrong with Arteta

What exactly had Auba done to be treated the way he was, being late to training and being back a day late from seeing his mum. The way he was isolated, you’d have thought he was R Kelly.

There’s no consistency with it either, Laca grabs Cedric round the throat because he commented unfavourably on Laca sliding in like a Cunt on young Arsenal players. I didn’t see any public discipline for Laca here.

When you’re trying to get fourth spot do you not think it would have been wise to fine Auba maybe leave him out of the side for a game and then that would be that?. If the player is going at the end of the season anyway it’s utterly churlish to not try and get as many goals out of him as possible rather than trying to look like you’re in control by humiliating him.
    As I've said before, your assumptions about the manager don't stand up to the facts. Arteta was clearly an Auba fan - he re-signed him after all. It just doesn't make sense that Arteta would cut of his nose to spite his face and leave us without a first choice striker because he had some kind of vendetta. Like him or not (and you clearly don't), the logical conclusion must be that Auba, and Guendouzi for that matter, were behaving in a way that ran counter to what Arteta is trying to achieve, and only the most one eyed of Arteta detractors can argue that he has not made strides in improving the culture at the club on and off the pitch.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished this.
    Despite the disappointment at the end of the season, I ended up feeling quite upbeat having watched the season.
    No-one on here expected Top 4 last year, remember last season was on the back of 2 seasons of finishing 8th. So why is anyone losing their shit because we didn't quite make it?
    I guess it was because we had it in our hands and let it slip, which is fair. But they're a young squad, it's a learning experience. It was a clear progression from the previous season, it feels like there's a plan for the club and a strategy. So let's see where we end up next May. Already there are encouraging signs. Sunday was a kick in the knackers but it's always a tough place to go, and we seem to struggle up there more than most for some reason. Long way to go yet, but pretty much everyone would have taken 5 wins and a loss from the first 6 games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Finished this.
    Despite the disappointment at the end of the season, I ended up feeling quite upbeat having watched the season.
    No-one on here expected Top 4 last year, remember last season was on the back of 2 seasons of finishing 8th. So why is anyone losing their shit because we didn't quite make it?
    I guess it was because we had it in our hands and let it slip, which is fair. But they're a young squad, it's a learning experience. It was a clear progression from the previous season, it feels like there's a plan for the club and a strategy. So let's see where we end up next May. Already there are encouraging signs. Sunday was a kick in the knackers but it's always a tough place to go, and we seem to struggle up there more than most for some reason. Long way to go yet, but pretty much everyone would have taken 5 wins and a loss from the first 6 games.
    The only reason (I believe) is that shit was lost by everyone is because we let the scum into the CL when it was in our own hands.

I know that people laugh about the prospect, but could you imagine if they actually won the CL this season? We would never forgive the team for the fail.

PS
    I never realised how hard Edu worked behind the scenes. I actually admire him after watching the whole series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    The only reason (I believe) is that shit was lost by everyone is because we let the scum into the CL when it was in our own hands.

I know that people laugh about the prospect, but could you imagine if they actually won the CL this season? We would never forgive the team for the fail.

PS
    I never realised how hard Edu worked behind the scenes. I actually admire him after watching the whole series.
    Intradesting observation on Edu. I finished the series with a lower opinion of him. Him, and the 2 execs just struck me as amateurish.

I thought Arteta and Kroenke came off well though. Maybe as I had such a low opinion of them initially but they went up in my estimation, for sure. I've certainly a little more time for Arteta. Tempered by how the show was edited, obviously, but he came across well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post

Yes, it didn't help that it was that lot who we lost out to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    As I've said before, your assumptions about the manager don't stand up to the facts. Arteta was clearly an Auba fan - he re-signed him after all. It just doesn't make sense that Arteta would cut of his nose to spite his face and leave us without a first choice striker because he had some kind of vendetta. Like him or not (and you clearly don't), the logical conclusion must be that Auba, and Guendouzi for that matter, were behaving in a way that ran counter to what Arteta is trying to achieve, and only the most one eyed of Arteta detractors can argue that he has not made strides in improving the culture at the club on and off the pitch.
    Agreed. In Guendouzi's case he has been acting up at Marseille too and falling out with his coaches. Guendouzi has developed into a very good player but he still has a problematic attitude if the reports are to be believed. Auba I am not remotely bothered about, he gave up and was causing issues in the dressing room, we did the right thing in getting rid. What we / Arteta should have done is have a replacement lined up or at least brought in some kind of temporary solution. It is what it is.