User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: All or Nothing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    As I've said before, your assumptions about the manager don't stand up to the facts. Arteta was clearly an Auba fan - he re-signed him after all. It just doesn't make sense that Arteta would cut of his nose to spite his face and leave us without a first choice striker because he had some kind of vendetta. Like him or not (and you clearly don't), the logical conclusion must be that Auba, and Guendouzi for that matter, were behaving in a way that ran counter to what Arteta is trying to achieve, and only the most one eyed of Arteta detractors can argue that he has not made strides in improving the culture at the club on and off the pitch.
    You seem to be making an assumption about what I stated. I don’t think Arteta had a problem with Auba from the outset but it became increasingly apparent over time that he lacked the strength of personality to deal with him when difficulties emerged. It’s hard to keep a player motivated when you’ve given him a 300k a week contract but the coach is there to do just that.
    The fact remains that we don’t really know what these red lines were, being late for training and being late a day back from holiday are of course not good behaviour and need to be addressed but they need to be addressed head on, not with passive agressive standoffish petulance that Arteta has shown.
    Guendouzi is no doubt a little shit and I don’t think much of the rest of the team had much love for him, but a good coach had the potential to turn that fiery attitude into potential….Arteta as is so abundantly clear cannot handle this.
    As I have said and will keep saying, you will not see the last of this behaviour from Arteta it’s ingrained in him, someone will challenge him and find themselves training by themselves or he will find a scapegoat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    You seem to be making an assumption about what I stated. I don’t think Arteta had a problem with Auba from the outset but it became increasingly apparent over time that he lacked the strength of personality to deal with him when difficulties emerged. It’s hard to keep a player motivated when you’ve given him a 300k a week contract but the coach is there to do just that.
    The fact remains that we don’t really know what these red lines were, being late for training and being late a day back from holiday are of course not good behaviour and need to be addressed but they need to be addressed head on, not with passive agressive standoffish petulance that Arteta has shown.
    Guendouzi is no doubt a little shit and I don’t think much of the rest of the team had much love for him, but a good coach had the potential to turn that fiery attitude into potential….Arteta as is so abundantly clear cannot handle this.
    As I have said and will keep saying, you will not see the last of this behaviour from Arteta it’s ingrained in him, someone will challenge him and find themselves training by themselves or he will find a scapegoat.
    Two standout moments for me with Guendouzi both showed his passion put to good use, one was to win the pel against Villa and the other to be the only one to stand up for our keeper when Maupay flattened him

A bit more guts like that in the side (rather than the moronic 'passion' aka clumsiness and hotheadedness that gets Xhaka regularly booked and sent off) and i'd believe we might make top four

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Two standout moments for me with Guendouzi both showed his passion put to good use, one was to win the pel against Villa and the other to be the only one to stand up for our keeper when Maupay flattened him

A bit more guts like that in the side (rather than the moronic 'passion' aka clumsiness and hotheadedness that gets Xhaka regularly booked and sent off) and i'd believe we might make top four
    So we would basically make top four without Xhaka in the team?