User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Palace Player ratings and reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Except you don’t, because you know I wasn’t being serious.
    You know this because you have raved about Partey, who is also a coloured gentleman. And you know I saw that because I replied about it. In fact, oh look you’ve got such a boner for Partey you’ve given him the second best rating yesterday.

So my post obviously wasn’t to be taken seriously.
    And neither is your faux outrage
    Glad we're on the same page here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It’s good to see that moving to the US has mellowed you
    We have more people coming to the US who shouldnt have access to guns then
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly am for strict gun control.

I swear to god I wouldn’t make it to the office without shooting the fuck out of everyone around me.

And most times these days, my office is in my garden
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had a gun and could use it with impunity then there would be a lot of dead people. People are twats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Add a right sided winger to that and I’d agree, whilst I don’t have this bizarre belief that Saka is shit that another regular has on here, I think he was overplayed last season and I don’t think Pepe can be relied upon as a substitute.
    Yeah I kind of agree, we do need an extra quality option on the wing, but I've not completely given up on Pepe yet, if we can't shift him then he's not a bad option to have, Arteta just needs to play him more. Pepe is a very hot and cold player but when he is on it he is a very good player IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yeah I kind of agree, we do need an extra quality option on the wing, but I've not completely given up on Pepe yet, if we can't shift him then he's not a bad option to have, Arteta just needs to play him more. Pepe is a very hot and cold player but when he is on it he is a very good player IMO.
    Pepe is a great option. He almost always creates something and you can tell players hate playing against him. I'm really not clear on what he's done to be ostracized, tbh. Sure he's come on and been pretty wasteful in possession at time but absolutely not to a much greater degree than Saka and Martinelli are every single game.

In reality he isn't an option at all because Arteta doesn't see him as one. That's why they need another wide option ASAP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He almost always creates something?, he really doesn’t does he?. I have no doubt he is capable of creating good attacking opportunities and can score excellent goals. But this accounts for about one game in every five where as the rest of the time, refuses to track back, poor first touch….gives the ball away with atrociously lazy passing.

I think he would be good enough if he bothered to apply himself but the fact is he doesn’t want to. He gives every impression that he’d be much happier in the French league where he can beat troglodytes with ease and not have to extend himself.

Let’s be fair, he makes Ozil look like someone with a strong work ethic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put Pepe out of his misery ffs! He could still be a good option for someone, in the right set up, but he's obviously not a match for what Arteta wants and Arteta isn't going anywhere, so I really don't see the point in prolonging this - it isn't helpful to anyone at this point. Pepe needs to salvage his career going into his peak years and we can't have £140k/wk sat on the bench, taking up a squad place and not contributing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    He almost always creates something?, he really doesn’t does he?. I have no doubt he is capable of creating good attacking opportunities and can score excellent goals. But this accounts for about one game in every five where as the rest of the time, refuses to track back, poor first touch….gives the ball away with atrociously lazy passing.

I think he would be good enough if he bothered to apply himself but the fact is he doesn’t want to. He gives every impression that he’d be much happier in the French league where he can beat troglodytes with ease and not have to extend himself.

Let’s be fair, he makes Ozil look like someone with a strong work ethic.
    Absolute nonsense, man.

His stats are still decent despite being a peripheral figure. If you looked at his stats for when he played a bit more consistently they were actually good and SIGNIFICANTLY better than any of his peers.

I don't get the tracking back nonsense either. He's certainly no worse than Saka, in that regard, so either it's not really required by Arteta or people are being held to grossly different standards here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Just put Pepe out of his misery ffs! He could still be a good option for someone, in the right set up, but he's obviously not a match for what Arteta wants and Arteta isn't going anywhere, so I really don't see the point in prolonging this - it isn't helpful to anyone at this point. Pepe needs to salvage his career going into his peak years and we can't have £140k/wk sat on the bench, taking up a squad place and not contributing.
    This is the sad reality, man.

Arteta cost Arsenal champions League football last year when they couldn't create a chance yet Pepe couldn't get a sniff. A complete waste for everyone.