User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leicester player ratings and reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leicester player ratings and reaction

Very good win. Leicester are still a decent team at close to full strength but Arsenal were a level above them for most of the game and only, what you'd assume to be, a rare mistake had the nerves going.

Ramsdale 4 - just not convincing again. Has a way to go. The first goal... There's things can happen...That second goal was woeful.

Zinchenko 7 - thought he was really good. Quite unusual the way he slips into CM but it was effective and he used the ball well. Created a couple of chances and was solid defensively.

Gabriel 7 - Pretty solid again. Unspectacular but he doesn't need to be.

Saliba 6 - thought he was very good again but a terrible mistake that he really shouldn't be making. Always put those knock backs wide of the goal. Schoolboy stuff.

White 7 - very solid. I thought the right side was pretty non existent but he didn't concede anything and some what he did well.

Xhaka 7.5 - what the fuck. Thought he was good. A few Xhaka passes but made great runs all game. Probably the best performance I remember from him, tbh.

Partey 8 - just pure class. Levels above anyone around him. Just a different category of player.

Martinelli 8.5 - man of the match for me. I've been critical of his lack of end product but he looked threatening every time he got the ball and off it he was great too.

Odegaard 7 - just cog in a pretty well oiled attacking machine today.

Saka 3 - anyone refusing to admit he shouldn't be near that team is in denial. Absolutely non existent yet again.

Jesus 8 - what a 1st goal. Brilliant. All round very good game. There was an opportunity to put Martinelli through in the first half and he just didn't release the ball. Moments like that, and a couple of bad misses, are reminders he's not at that elite level yet.

Tielemans - Saka/10
    Last edited by mandela8; 13-08-2022 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Very good win. Leicester are still a decent team at close to full strength but Arsenal were a level above them for most of the game and only, what you'd assume to be, a rare mistake had the nerves going.

Ramsdale 4 - just not convincing again. Has a way to go. The first goal... There's things can happen...That second goal was woeful.

Zinchenko 7 - thought he was really good. Quite unusual the way he slips into CM but it was effective and he used the ball well. Created a couple of chances and was solid defensively.

Gabriel 7 - Pretty solid again. Unspectacular but he doesn't need to be.

Saliba 6 - thought he was very good again but a terrible mistake that he really shouldn't be making. Always put those knock backs wide of the goal. Schoolboy stuff.

White 7 - very solid. I thought the right side was pretty non existent but he didn't concede anything and some what he did well.

Xhaka 7.5 - what the fuck. Thought he was good. A few Xhaka passes but made great runs all game. Probably the best performance I remember from him, tbh.

Partey 8 - just pure class. Levels above anyone around him. Just a different category of player.

Martinelli 8.5 - man of the match for me. I've been critical of his lack of end product but he looked threatening every time he got the ball and off it he was great too.

Odegaard 7 - just cog in a pretty well oiled attacking machine today.

Saka 3 - anyone refusing to admit he shouldn't be near that team is in denial. Absolutely non existent yet again.

Jesus 8 - what a 1st goal. Brilliant. All round very good game. There was an opportunity to put Martinelli through in the first half and he just didn't release the ball. Moments like that, and a couple of bad misses, are reminders he's not at that elite level yet.

Tielemans - Saka/10
    Yep, pretty much agree with all of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we back in love with Xhaka?

I am actually very pleased that he signed a new contract.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Yep, pretty much agree with all of that.
    Even the continued Saka trolling?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The performances are still a bit too lopsided for me liking. Last season we seem to look fairly organised, kind of boring but efficient. This season we look pretty good offensively, well we did on Saturday...but defensively we looked a bit all at sea at times and Ramsdale's performance worried me too, shades of the end of last season where he looks very suspect with his shot stopping and decision making.

Still early days and more positives than negatives...but I still not fully convinced yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Do you think he was the worst player in the team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    He hasn't been his best lately tbf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Do you think he was the worst player in the team?
    No he was nowhere near

The worst player on the pitch Saturday was Ramsdale

Saka was quiet but he still laid on chances that Jesus should have buried

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    He hasn't been his best lately tbf.
    There’s a great chasm of a difference between not been at his best and this deranged sweaty sock giving him three out of ten

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramsdale - 2 - And I think that is generous, let’s be fair the reason the penalty was given in the first place was because he allowed Vardy to make a mug out of him, it being overturned because Vardy is a diving, cheating piece of shit doesn’t change that. Saliba’s error was caused by the fact that Ramsdale was not in charge and he had to make a decision…and as for the Maddison goal….closed down the space only to let a tame shot slip between his legs (Mason Greenwood’s ex wouldn’t be impressed by that)

White - 6 - Dealt well with the attacking threat but offers even less going forward than Tomoyasu which is a shame as we are now over relying on creating attacks down our left hand side.

Saliba - 6 - Unfortunate incident but equally it shows not afraid to make decisions even if they go wrong….would have helped if communication between him and Ramsdale was better

Gabriel - 7 - Consummate professional

Zinchenko - 6 Bit better than last week where he was being made to look like a cunt by Jordan Ayew but still essentially thirty million that should have been spent on a midfielder

Xhaka - 5 - Utter cunt being an utter Cunt, dithers on the ball and gives it away to Fofana when a decent player would have buried it. Got forward well but if he can’t do the job he’s put in to do and we’ve already got plenty of midfielders who can play in the final third what’s the point of him.

Partey 6 - Solid but unspectacular

Odegaard 5 - Decided to have a day off in light of Xhaka losing all sense of positional discipline…maybe the heat was too much for his fair skin

Martinelli 9 - For me the actual man of the match, everything that worked came through him….individually tormented Leicester.

Gabriel J 8.5 - Should have got his hat trick but other than that a constant menace well worth his brace and very likely to be many more where that came from

Saka 6 - Pretty quiet but laid on two good chances for Gabriel despite getting no attacking support from Ben White

Subs:

Who gives a fuck none of them were on more than ten minutes