User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: This Weekend's Fixtures (06/07 August).

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leicester 2-2 Brenford, DaSilva!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man Utd 1-2 Brighton, FT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a hot mess United are, I thought Brighton would get a point and I thought I might be being a bit generous given they’ve sold two of their best players and not bought in replacements. But I actually think the final scoreline flattered United. A more clinical team would have taken them apart at the joints.

Their problem is they’ve tried to take short cuts with the rebuild and all they’ve done is created a toxic dressing room full of prima donnas. And they compounded that error by signing Eriksen (who was clearly a disruptive influence at Spurs)

Whilst I think they kept faith with Solksjaer far too long, I think that club is unmanageable. Shout out also must go to Roy Keane and his world class pundit analysis…every time United get their arse handed to them by City and Liverpool he goes off on a tirade about the players desire etc but yet despite that him and Gary Neville somehow think they are in a better position than Arsenal. Whilst I think Arteta has gone overboard with freezing out players, it’s better than letting them linger like a bad smell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    United have definitely taken our banter club title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    United are us from 3-5 years ago - gonna be really interesting to see if they have the stomach to see it through. I’ve just sat through the first 30 minutes of a united fan reaction show and there’s people questioning Ten Hag already - crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    United are us from 3-5 years ago - gonna be really interesting to see if they have the stomach to see it through. I’ve just sat through the first 30 minutes of a united fan reaction show and there’s people questioning Ten Hag already - crazy.
    I think at this stage it really doesn’t matter who the coach is. It really just depends if Ten Haag himself is willing to be around long term for the rebuild job they’ve got on their hands. In some ways they were getting there by bringing in promising youth players like Rashford, McTominey, Elanga and Mason Greenwood but again like us they’ve tried to shortcut the process.
    I can easily see Liverpool in a similar plight a couple of years down the line

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West Ham 0-1 Man City, Haaland pelanty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Of course they're questioning him and so they should.

He's come in and started McGuire and McFred. At home to Brighton. Absolutely mental.

They have a better team than Arsenal had.

A MF and ATT of DvB, Erickson and Fernandes with Sancho, Ronaldo and Rashford isn't bad (well, Rashford is, tbf).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Of course they're questioning him and so they should.

He's come in and started McGuire and McFred. At home to Brighton. Absolutely mental.

They have a better team than Arsenal had.

A MF and ATT of DvB, Erickson and Fernandes with Sancho, Ronaldo and Rashford isn't bad (well, Rashford is, tbf).
    I think the bigger problem is having two centre backs who they’ve paid a combined total of over 140 million for and yet they were suckered in to all coming in to close down Leandro Trossard on the ball and he took them out with a simple ball to Welbeck for first goal.

That and how easy it was for them to pressure the United fullbacks into giving away the ball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I think at this stage it really doesn’t matter who the coach is. It really just depends if Ten Haag himself is willing to be around long term for the rebuild job they’ve got on their hands. In some ways they were getting there by bringing in promising youth players like Rashford, McTominey, Elanga and Mason Greenwood but again like us they’ve tried to shortcut the process.
    I can easily see Liverpool in a similar plight a couple of years down the line
    Oh I’m sure Ten Hag is willing and is under no illusions about the job that needs doing - I just don’t think most United fans really understand what it’s going to look like. They say it will be a 3 year project, but I think they’re expecting a nice, neat, steady progression where they go from where they are to EL to CL to challenging for the title in consecutive years - I’m not sure many of them are ready for it to get worse before it can get better.

Year 1 isn’t going to be about anything more than salvage, and it’s going to suck. The club have invested hundreds of millions in some of those players and they’re going to want to see if ETH can get anything out of them before they write all that money off and have to start buying out contracts. Which means he’s going to have to pick a lot of players and teams that won’t make sense to us and will piss off a lot of their supporters.

But that’s what we’re talking about in year 1: salvage and write-offs. Some players might show that they’re willing to get on board, but a lot of them won’t like it and are going to be unsellable on the contracts they’re on, so the club are either going to have to wait them out or buy them out, if they want the quicker option. And once those players start to understand that they’re no longer wanted or needed, and that there’s no buyers out there for them, they’re going to try to down tools and try to tank the manager. Because that will be their best bet for survival. Same as happened here.

It’s gonna get ugly over there and they need to back the manager, no matter how bad it gets, otherwise they’re never getting past this. I just really question whether they’ve got the stomach for it - there’s a sense of entitlement that comes with a lot United fans of a certain generation that I don’t think will allow them to accept anything other than immediate results, and that’s going to keep them stuck in this same cycle of never seeing the job through if they keep demanding the manager’s head.

And as an Arsenal fan I’m here for that!
    Last edited by I am invisible; 07-08-2022 at 04:47 PM.