User Tag List

Page 154 of 258 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2573

Thread: The Gaming Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GayPete View Post
    Yeah, kids play CoD and fifa. The Mario games tend to be targeted at the older crowd to play on their nostalgia.
    This is true. I think a game like New Super Mario Bros would probably make kids lose interest quickly because it must be fairly brutal on single player. And of course, CoD and Fifa are the ones where you can change the setting to easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    This is true. I think a game like New Super Mario Bros would probably make kids lose interest quickly because it must be fairly brutal on single player. And of course, CoD and Fifa are the ones where you can change the setting to easy.
    I don't think that's relevant because it's a case of buying the game in the 1st place and those games largely appeal to kids more due to their cartoony nature, whether it's hard or not doesn't come into it.

Many parents of younger kids won't buy them COD because it's has an adult rating and has a lot of violence, I'm not saying there aren't kids playing it because obviously there are (there's many millions of people who play it), but I've played online a lot in the past and although there are some kids there are tonnes of adults as well.

My sister has two kids under 10 and they can play games like Mario but she won't let them play games like COD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly it's the CoD games that tend to be the kid games, based on playing it online.
    Tbf, that's because you're playing it during the day, when most of the grown-ups are at work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's nothing challenging about COD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who wants challenging? it's fun and occasionally I get to wind French kids up into apoplexy, what's not to like?

thinking about getting Ghosts though, enjoying the temptation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PGFC View Post
    Tbf, that's because you're playing it during the day, when most of the grown-ups are at work
    At work, not doing work, I notice.

Having said that, I haven't yet got Black Ops II so perhaps it has changed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At work, not doing work, I notice.

Having said that, I haven't yet got Black Ops II so perhaps it has changed.
    Fell in love with the Black Ops II multiplayer a year ago and I'm still playing it now, it's still relatively free of boosters & hackers and if you get bored of 12 year olds (and the French)
    whining there's always Hardcore, quite often when I'm playing I come across a clan of [OAPS] who are all like me, the banter can be awlsome...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose in theory the best time to play those games' multiplayer is when the latest iteration has come out.

Is it like you and Coney on here style banter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I don't think that's relevant because it's a case of buying the game in the 1st place and those games largely appeal to kids more due to their cartoony nature, whether it's hard or not doesn't come into it.

Many parents of younger kids won't buy them COD because it's has an adult rating and has a lot of violence, I'm not saying there aren't kids playing it because obviously there are (there's many millions of people who play it), but I've played online a lot in the past and although there are some kids there are tonnes of adults as well.

My sister has two kids under 10 and they can play games like Mario but she won't let them play games like COD.
    I'm not sure what we're talking about now really. What I really wanted to point out before confusing myself was that both game franchises (hate that word) go across the opposite demographic from what they are supposedly aiming for.

The presentation of say Super Mario Galaxy and 2 might be 'for kids' but the gameplay, assuming you're like me and want to get every star, definitely isn't. The Grandmaster challenge on Galaxy 2 was insane for instance.