User Tag List

Page 171 of 258 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2573

Thread: The Gaming Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the first time Nintendo will have suffered consecutive losses. Even when the Gamecube floundered, they still made healthy profits. They've royally messed up with the Wii U in a commercial sense though (the quality of their output across both systems is as high as ever). In the grand scheme of things, it should be no more than a blip, as they've always been a conservative company business-wise and have a lot of money to fall back on. They are nowhere near being in the position Sega was during the Dreamcast years. Anyone suggesting so is incredibly ignorant and has a wildly incorrect picture of the situation. Even a two minute Google search would tell you that. Sega were coming off numerous failures and strange business decisions and in reality never had more than one hardware success (Mega Drive). And while their software is still held in high regard, it never had the consistent commercial impact of Nintendo's back catalogue. If Nintendo have another three Wii U-like hardware disasters, there might be a genuine chance of them being in serious trouble many years down the line, but at the moment they'll continue to do what they've always done. They'll probably release some apps, but most will probably act as promotional tools rather than full Nintendo games.

Despite the initial success of the PS4, it's still Sony who are in a far more precarious situation. They're a huge company but are currently barely worth more than Nintendo who's only focus is games. Most of their departments are struggling and have been for years. Even in the days of the PS2 dominating, Nintendo made more profit and the PS3 was a money-sucking black hole. We know that the Vita is a flop which they don't seem to be supporting themselves, so if the PS4 struggles to make them money, they'll be in real trouble.

Microsoft only started making money from their games division in the latter years of the 360. But then again, they're basically a Citeh/Chelsea so could just pump trillions into the Xbox brand until it was installed in every home and Kinect was transplanted permanently into everyone's mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sony insider here. Know nothing about games and stuff but through my sources in the company I can confirm they're doomed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    This is the first time Nintendo will have suffered consecutive losses. Even when the Gamecube floundered, they still made healthy profits. They've royally messed up with the Wii U in a commercial sense though (the quality of their output across both systems is as high as ever). In the grand scheme of things, it should be no more than a blip, as they've always been a conservative company business-wise and have a lot of money to fall back on. They are nowhere near being in the position Sega was during the Dreamcast years. Anyone suggesting so is incredibly ignorant and has a wildly incorrect picture of the situation. Even a two minute Google search would tell you that. Sega were coming off numerous failures and strange business decisions and in reality never had more than one hardware success (Mega Drive). And while their software is still held in high regard, it never had the consistent commercial impact of Nintendo's back catalogue. If Nintendo have another three Wii U-like hardware disasters, there might be a genuine chance of them being in serious trouble many years down the line, but at the moment they'll continue to do what they've always done. They'll probably release some apps, but most will probably act as promotional tools rather than full Nintendo games.

Despite the initial success of the PS4, it's still Sony who are in a far more precarious situation. They're a huge company but are currently barely worth more than Nintendo who's only focus is games. Most of their departments are struggling and have been for years. Even in the days of the PS2 dominating, Nintendo made more profit and the PS3 was a money-sucking black hole. We know that the Vita is a flop which they don't seem to be supporting themselves, so if the PS4 struggles to make them money, they'll be in real trouble.

Microsoft only started making money from their games division in the latter years of the 360. But then again, they're basically a Citeh/Chelsea so could just pump trillions into the Xbox brand until it was installed in every home and Kinect was transplanted permanently into everyone's mind.
    The patronising cr*p you insist on including really doesn't help your point at all

Nintendo just hasn't moved with the times, people are getting tired of Mario and Zelda which is pretty much all they've been churning out for 20 years other than the Wii which appealed to the family market.

The people who spend money are the people who you might term serious gamers and Nintendo have little appeal to those due to their insistence on sticking with kiddie games and not delivering powerful machines that can compete with the other companies.

Money disappears very quickly when profits dip because the cost of developing knew hardware/softward is very high.

Incidentally Sega had the Mastersystem before the Megadrive which was also a success and produced plenty of games as well, as for Sony, yes many of their departments don't make a profit (I worked for them as well btw), but the Playstation division is very lucrative and due to their fan base is a money making machine. The PS3 may not have started well, but if you look at their overall sales, the lifecycle of the machine (it's still going) it didn't do too badly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not patronising to dismiss the completely absurd, non-researched, poorly thought-out conjecture of a poster who seems to take pride in their continued ignorance of every subject apparently discussed on GW.

I'd tackle each point directly, but everything you say can easily be debunked with easy-to-obtain information that's instantly available on the internet. Knowing your history, I know you'd never acknowledge the basic truths in front of you though.

I'm not starting an internet war or being arrogant in dismissing you, but you do make it easy by continually posting such warped views which have no basis in reality. Just because you feel something is unequivocally right in your mind, it doesn't mean this bares out in the real world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not patronising to dismiss the completely absurd, non-researched, poorly thought-out conjecture of a poster who seems to take pride in their continued ignorance of every subject apparently discussed on GW.

I'd tackle each point directly, but everything you say can easily be debunked with easy-to-obtain information that's instantly available on the internet. Knowing your history, I know you'd never acknowledge the basic truths in front of you though.

I'm not starting an internet war or being arrogant in dismissing you, but you do make it easy by continually posting such warped views which have no basis in reality. Just because you feel something is unequivocally right in your mind, it doesn't mean this bares out in the real world.
    Really? Funny that because 90% of your post seem to involve thinly veiled patronising comments aimed at particular posters, you seem to think it's clever, it and entertaining for some reason. Actually it's pretty childish to be honest.

As for views, pot calling the kettle black to be honest, you seem to go out of your way to specifically disagree with certain people, that seems to be what posting is about for you, not posting your opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure those two paragraphs have much basis in reality either.

But I'll let the gaming discussion continue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure those two paragraphs have much basis in reality either.

But I'll let the gaming discussion continue.
    Oh they really do, maybe you've been doing it so long you're now in denial.

But yes let's let the gaming discussion continue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calm down lads, it's only a commercial ffs !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame the Wii U hasn't been marketed to the extent it should have. It's a really good console and more innovative than I expected it to be.

Also, Mario 3D World is pure class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is actually the first time I've heard of the Wii U.....on GW! Wow......