Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2573

Thread: The Gaming Thread

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone got Pokemon Go working?

Despite not officially being out in the UK I've managed to download it and install it on my phone however the servers are too fucking jammed whenever I try to log on. :mad:

Guess I need to try it during the early morning when the Yanks are all asleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep got it earlier.

Had a very brief play and chose Squirtle as my starter. Couldn't be arsed to go outside but it looks like there's a few Pokemon lurking near by. My commute to work is going to be fun tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds fun.

Probably will go for Squirtle myself (assuming I can get it to work) as Blastoise is the bomb.

Bit wary of randomly walking around parts of London with my phone out (crime innit) but it seems like too much of a fun game not to take a risk.

Have you seen the videos of people in Central Park (in NYC) all glued on their phones playing it whislt they're walking around there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The concept is mental but it's quite fun. It's cool that it uses real world locations to provide power ups and additional items, this morning it identified I was at Euston and gave me some Pokeballs. I think some locations are gyms where you go to battle but you literally have to go and walk to the location. If I read the map correctly I think the shopping centre at home in MK is my closest gym.

I can't imagine the fun lasting more than 5 minutes but it's something different. Quite nostalgic if you were a Pokemon nut as a kid like I was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played it for an hour this morning. Was meant to go the Gym but ended up skipping it just to walk about London playing it. Only stopped because it started raining.

Nearly got run over chasing a Venonat that suddenly appeared across the road. Apart from the usual tripe (Pidgey's, Ratata's, Fearow's, Zubats etc), I did manage to bag a Haunter, Drowzee, Fearow and a Nidoran which I'm pretty proud of.

I love how they integrated Google Maps into it so you can items for reaching real world locations. They seem to refresh after 15 mins so you can always go back to them to get the rewards.

There are quite a few gyms near me but you've got to be level 5 at least to enter them, which I'm not yet.

But yeah I can see how it can tiring after a while, though apparently they're working on introducing new features to make it more in line with the original Pokemon Red/Blue games such as trading and battling. At the moment it's a bit lame that you can only throw pokeballs to catch pokemon and not weaken them first nor are you at the moment able to train up your existing pokemon by battling them with wild pokemon.

Once they do that there's no stopping it taking over the world tbh.

Nintendo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it does seems fairly limited right now. I think we'll have to do the region change now and then to make sure we get the updates, I presume once you revert back to UK it will no longer show in the App Store.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Available in the UK now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I've switched to the legitimate version now. As your game data is linked to your google account you don't lose any progress either.

Been playing it like mad the past few days. Managed to take over a few gyms but usually end up losing them after a while when I'm not around.

Ideally you need to work in a team to take over and then retain gyms ........ on your own you can only do so much especially since the team I'm on (yellow) seems to barely exist where I am. Plus there's no poke centres so you have to use potions and revives to heal pokemon after battles and you can only find them by visiting pokestops ........ the game does really make you walk around a lot.

Got a few slightly rarer pokemon (Goldeen, Magenemite etc) from eggs and other means but it's almost impossible to level them up and evolve them as you need to catch more of the same ones to gain the necessary candy to evolve them. Also doesn't help that being stuck in a city I only really get access to the same type of city dwelling pokemon most of the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think my main question is:
    What the hell is wrong with you?