User Tag List

Page 200 of 258 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2573

Thread: The Gaming Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's a bit odd there are no Pokecenters to fully heal your team, there are enough Pokestops so surely they could have made a few landmarks into Pokecenters? My team has been destroyed in the gym battles I've had so far, there's no chance I'm going to win any battles yet because the people who run these gyms have ridiculously powerful Pokemon. I suppose you do get plenty of potions and revives but it still seems like an oversight to me.

Got a Charmander from my first egg which was cool but as you say you're never going to evolve it if candies are the only way to do it. Hatching eggs is easy for me though because of my morning commute, hopefully I get a few more of the rarer ones this way.

It all seems quite limited at the moment though, you have to be really militant about it to make real progress. Most people will get bored eventually.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 15-07-2016 at 03:52 PM.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I think my main question is:
    What the hell is wrong with you?
    What's wrong with you old man? Pokemon is the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I think it's a bit odd there are no Pokecenters to fully heal your team, there are enough Pokestops so surely they could have made a few landmarks into Pokecenters? My team has been destroyed in the gym battles I've had so far, there's no chance I'm going to win any battles yet because the people who run these gyms have ridiculously powerful Pokemon. I suppose you do get plenty of potions and revives but it still seems like an oversight to me.

Got a Charmander from my first egg which was cool but as you say you're never going to evolve it if candies are the only way to do it. Hatching eggs is easy for me though because of my morning commute, hopefully I get a few more of the rarer ones this way.

It all seems quite limited at the moment though, you have to be really militant about it to make real progress. Most people will get bored eventually.
    Yeah they really should introduce some pokecentres ..... not at every pokestop but a few round the place so you don't have to constantly exhaust all your potions and revives.

The battling system is still a bit crap. The key is just ensuring you have the right type (e.g. Water against fire) and having a pokemon of high enough CP. As it's maximum 6 of your pokemon against 3 of a Gym's you can always defeat a few of a gyms' pokemon even if your pokemon don't have high CP's and reduce some of a gym prestige that way. Like I said, you really need to work in a team of people to mount a co-ordinated attack on a gym at the same time to really take it over (I was lucky that the gyms I took over were quite weak at the time).

I've got a ~Level 500 Hypno and Pidgeot and I've probably caught enough Zubats' and Ratata's to have enough candy to get a similar level Goldbat and Raticate soon ........ as for the others, like you say it's difficult to see how the hell I'll ever evolve the likes of my Squirtle or my Vulpix. They really should change the system tbh and only one type of candy which can be used on any pokemon instead of the pokemon specific candy they have now.

Probably. Some of the hype will die down barring some changes but it'd still be massively popular and still probably the biggest game and app ever considering just how many people are playing it right now. And it hasn't even been released in Japan yet ........ the home of Pokemon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    What's wrong with you old man? Pokemon is the shit.
    Not sure this word is needed tbh.
    You're right about the old though, I think that may be part of the problem. I was already a growned up when they were big the first time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think my main question is:
    What the hell is wrong with you?
    Didn't bother asking but was wondering the same. I'm seeing people with mobile phones stuck permanently to their faces wandering around the place informing me imaginary things have happened. Didn't people used to get locked up for this? Reminiscent of a Doctor Who episode.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I think video games have been around for a few decades and are quite commonplace.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working at home has its pro and cons. Having downloaded FM16 this week, I'm not sure which side of the fence that sits just yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure this word is needed tbh.
    You're right about the old though, I think that may be part of the problem. I was already a growned up when they were big the first time.
    Pokemon's initial success, outside of the merchandising blitz and multimedia takeover, derived from the fact that the actual games were genuinely great.

The Pokemon Go hysteria is a little out of the blue, seeing as it's more a tech showcase and barely a game. But, drawing on that initial sensation and sense of wonder, much like the recent Star Wars film, has reignited a lapsed older audience and brought in millions of new ones. It's just one of those things where everything has aligned at the right time and lightning has struck to create an instant phenomenon. Social crazes like this hold no interest for me, but at least the foundation and basis of the Pokemon franchise is a solid one and the app itself is attempting to create a positive atmosphere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next 5-10 years are going to see some crazy leaps in the gaming world. VR consoles come out later in the year I think and when AR gets going (Pokemon Go isn't really AR) then the games out there will be nuts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just walking home from the pub and encountered a ton of people on Pokemon Go, people of all ages. Absolutely bizzare atmosphere.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You people with your show-off social lives
    My feeling is this craze will be over in 5 minutes, but the whole AR thing is a new step in gaming which will open up a load of new possibilities.