User Tag List

Page 201 of 258 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2573

Thread: The Gaming Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will definitely be a drop off in casual/nostalgic players because of the mechanics of the game (who really has the time to play something so vast and probably endless?) but Pokemon will always retain a big following for the reasons MS mentioned above.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Just walking home from the pub and encountered a ton of people on Pokemon Go, people of all ages. Absolutely bizzare atmosphere.
    Yeah a funny thing happened last night. I was driving back home from a mate's place about 2 am (wasn't drunk) and I had the app open ........ and then suddenly a fucking Jynx appeared right in the middle of the road! I couldn't believe it but because it was the middle of a main road I couldn't just stop the car, so I literally raced into the next side street, parked up and raced to find it hoping it somehow didn't wander off ........... and luckily it hadn't which meant that using some Razz Berrys I captured it.

On the way back to my car there was a couple from a nearby pub clearly taking over a gym for team blue ..... I could tell because there were the battle symbols above the gym before it turned grey (neutral) and then blue. Thought I would decide troll them.

As I walked past them I sheepishly put my phone in my pocket so they didn't realise that I was also playing, went into my car and literally the second they left I got back up I took over the gym for Team Yellow. All their hard efforts wasted. My Hypno seems to be still there this morning as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You people with your show-off social lives
    My feeling is this craze will be over in 5 minutes, but the whole AR thing is a new step in gaming which will open up a load of new possibilities.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...n-go-full-time

Nah it's already been two weeks and if anything it's getting stronger. Maybe in a year and that's only if they don't bring in the necessary refinements to the game me and MO mentioned above.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any way of making money from this game? If not then I don't think he's really thought this through!

By '5 minutes' maybe a month or two, after the initial craze I doubt people will be playing it for long. But AR does open up a lot of interesting possibilities for gaming.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No there isn't a way to directly make real money from the game.

However indirectly he could, through getting sponsorship or having donate buttons on his twitter page and living of the publicity/fame.

I've seen few of the popular gaming channels on youtube amass millions and millions of views a piece for their pokemon go videos which will get them quite a few bucks in YouTube money.

Still, it's a pretty silly thing to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Netflix have got the first series of Pokemon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Man's Sky is garbage.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big clearance on PS4's right now. You can get the 1TB or 500GB consoles with FIFA 17 for £179.99 and £149.99 respectively.

It's to pave way for the the new slim console but given there isn't a whole lot of difference, this deal is pretty sweet. Bagged myself the 1TB console last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post
    No Man's Sky is garbage.
    Yep, total turd.