User Tag List

Page 63 of 258 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gaming Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The controller is truly awlful. I've never liked the Dualshock controllers, but they at least looked good On Paper™. Now it will be shit to play with and shit to look at. Fail tbf.

Further entries in franchises like Killzone and Infamous which have never been critical or commercial successes on more than a moderate scale aren't particularly exciting if they're the biggest launch games. But outside of Gran Turismo, Sony has never really had monster first-party games.

On the Wii U thing, Thierrymon has a point if he's talking in regards to third party support. Nintendo has struggled with that since the N64 for a number of reasons, the latest one obviously being that the Wii and the Wii U are dwarfed by Sony and Microsoft's superior hardware. The Wii was the fastest selling games console ever and was breaking records for it's first few years, but that still didn't encourage developers to create something for a potentially huge audience. All their best efforts were elsewhere. It's definitely more of a Western developer thing, as the majority seem to want movie-like, blockbuster experiences and obviously the manly hardware is where they can best show that sort of stuff off. Nintendo handhelds have always been huge, but Western support for them has always been pathetic. It would probably take Microsoft and Sony's new consoles completely tanking for Western third parties to put their focus on Nintendo devices.

Nintendo's handling of the Wii U launch has been poor, but you usually have to wait until the second year before a consistent stream of big games are available. Nintendo's upcoming line-up for both the 3DS and Wii U looks to be outstanding. If you don't like ANY of their games or Japanese games as a whole though, you're probably best served with the other consoles/PC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a powerful machine, hopefully there'll be some good exclusives.

Wii is for kids and families, they just don't appeal to the more serious gamers, Nintendo has always had that kiddie reputation it's never had a serious gaming console.

Microsoft, well they just try to rip you off for every dime you have by making you pay for every little bit, we'll see what they have to offer but IMO the extra charges for multiplayer etc are a joke.
    Last edited by Özim; 21-02-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll probably get a Wii U at some point this year, I do love the Nintendo stable of games.

Won't bother with the PS4 for a while though, I haven't played any games for months and only use my PS3 to watch movies these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Nintendo are the only company who haven't forgotten what games are supposed to be about.

While playstation and xbox games might look better, shit like killzone, call of duty and fifa just aren't much fun.

Can't wait for the Wind Waker HD release.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yellow Light of Death

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suarez Is Boss View Post
    Yellow Light of Death
    You've got it? Or do you mean it's the end for YLOD?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I paid Sony for a refurbed console. That was over 2 years ago though so I'm overdue another yellow light.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    You've got it? Or do you mean it's the end for YLOD?
    As in I got it. Again.

Except this time it wasn't my fault

Oh well. Trade in what I have for about 47p and then take to it with a sledgehammer I think.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long did you have your PS for before you got the YLOD again?

If I get it again, I'm moving to Xbox