Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weather Thread

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Weather Thread

BRITAIN will be drenched in rain for the next ten days — ending the country's shortest drought ever after less than a week.

Experts have predicted unsettled weather and downpours across the UK, with up to three months' worth of rain set to fall at the start of next week.
    Racegoers at Ascot's Ladies Day came prepared with brollies, and were determined not to let the wet weather dampen their spirit.
    Flooding

Wimbledon and Glastonbury are both expected to be soaked — raising fears of a flooding similar to the one the Somerset festival experienced six years ago.
    The country has had almost continuous rain since Environment Secretary Caroline Spelman declared a drought last Friday, solemnly urging millions of people to do all they could to save water.
    But Julian Mayes of MeteoGroup said today: "In terms of water, the drought has clearly ended. Next week will dwarf what some areas had through spring, with areas receiving in a week the rainfall they had in three months. Widespread rain across all of Britain is due tomorrow."

Brolly good time ... female racegoers don't let rain dampen their fun at Ascot

He added: "The South East will get rain falling widely right through next week. It will be very unsettled and cool - and remains unsettled until towards the end of June.
    "Tomorrow will be particularly wet, with steady rain arriving in the morning in the South West and Wales, by evening in drought-hit areas including East Anglia and Lincolnshire, and in the North and Scotland by night.

Can't face it ... worker hides his head under umbrella to protect himself from downpour

"It will be raining simultaneously almost everywhere in Britain, with 24-hour totals of 20mm to 30mm expected in the South West and Wales, with 10mm in the South East but the East Midlands receiving more rain."
    Meanwhile, BBC forecaster Philip Avery said the end of the drought echoed a similar scenario more than 30 years ago.
    He said: "Those with a memory of 1976 will recall how the breaking of that year's drought coincided with the appointment of a 'Minister of Drought.' The past week's rainfall won't have made up the spring deficit in many parts of England and Wales, but does coincide with the official declaration of drought in several areas."

Floods at Glastonbury ... tents at festival were drowned in water in 2005

Farmers will welcome the rain after they were predicted to lose up to 15 per cent of the wheat crops this year.
    Things WILL look up for those worried the British Summer has been rained off — as forecasters said July is expected to be much brighter.
    To check the weather for your area, enter your town or postcode below for a five-day forecast.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz1PSRhKkQ7
    Wimbledon

Also i might be at Glastonbury so that should be fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    British Summer

Can't believe they were calling a drought.

Fucking cunts should spend some money stopping the leakiest water service in the world.

Funny we also pay the highest water bills in the world too.

Cunts.

Anyway. I hope we get some sunshine soon. Winter was shite. Summer looks being the same.
    :SAD:
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winter

Summer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rainy season started last month (early) and will be continuing for another (longer than usual)

oh yeah then it s gets hot and humid......just the kind of weather yuo want to go in to work in a suit and have the office operate a ban on air conditioners because we have to save electricity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Japan Shaking All Over View Post
    rainy season started last month (early) and will be continuing for another (longer than usual)

oh yeah then it s gets hot and humid......just the kind of weather yuo want to go in to work in a suit and have the office operate a ban on air conditioners because we have to save electricity
    The rainy season has just started here too only here it won't get hot after.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been pissing down in the Isle of Man for about 24 hours solid now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rain forecast all week up and down the country.

I suppose it balances it out the early sunshine we had in the spring.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do need the rain I guess and we've had a good run

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whether is unacceptable. I've actually got a cold. Don't worry, I'm manning up and getting on with it. Didn't even take a paracetamol this morning. Apparently people have died with the 'common cold' but yknow...whatever. I don't let little things like death worry me.

June FFS. Should be 25 c + and BBQs every weekend. Not this shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well depressing.

Bet it's scorchio next week when I'm back at work.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.