User Tag List

Page 2 of 147 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Qatar Shitshow 2022 thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    That’s human beings for you, whilst I do think a lot of especially sports journalists have very much tried to keep Qatar in the public eye, there’s been so much shit going on in and out of football that it gets forgotten. However I take your point, i think there is something to be said for the FA being behind England players taking the knee but quietly says nothing about this tournament.
    Very western centric behaviour, it’s easy to take a stance on the easy issues

The other thing that doesn’t get talked about is that it’s going to be an organisational shit show, if you look at the Brazil and Russia World Cup which had their own problems but at least logistically they made sense because of how vastly spread out the tournament is. Here you have at most a 40 mile distance between the stadiums…the country is half the size of Yorkshire and you’ve got potentially the entire population of Qatar in terms of number descending upon the country to watch the tournament, you think of the pressure that will put on Doha international airport in terms of security, there’s no where near enough Hotels and they’ve even had to requisition cruise liners to dock on the harbours to become make shift hotels, security in stadiums and outside stadiums is a total nightmare and they haven’t even passed a safety certificate for some of them.
    FIFA just don’t give a fuck that even if you look beyond human rights issues, this country just isn’t fit to host a tournament of this size.

The FCO should in my view in the strongest possible terms urge supporters not to travel
    Last I heard they killed 6,000 people to setup this marketing opportunity.

Real truth. I don't know the 6,000 people who died and, honesty, don't give a fuck. HOWEVER. I'd hate it to be said my enjoyment was based on 6,000 anonymous deaths. It'd be like watching a mega-snuff movie and yanking my tool anyway? I'd have to pause and wonder what sort of a cunt I'd have to be to engage in that.

But millions of ignorant cunts will consume. Braindead. Doing the current thing.

Then they'll vote.

Maybe explains a lot.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, so NOW you care about lives being lost!
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    I don't know the 6,000 people who died and, honesty, don't give a fuck.
    But I mentioned it about 2 years ago I think.

Was never watching the Shithole Cup. Made that clear in the past, I'm sure.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    But I mentioned it about 2 years ago I think.

Was never watching the Shithole Cup. Made that clear in the past, I'm sure.
    Yeah, well I’m not watching it either.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, well I’m not watching it either.
    Will probably watch season 1-4 rerun of Game of Thrones while the shitshow is on.

And try to avoid the flags hanging out of the windows that harken back to a time when (even if it wasn't pure as snow) was digestible.

We're all guilty, but there are limits.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What difference will not watching make?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, he says quite explicitly he doesn't give a f*ck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    What difference will not watching make?
    well it'll make me feel a bit cleaner i suppose, i'll look out for some of the big matches i like watching normally e.g. Germany v Holland or something - although i've no idea whether that fixture's a possibility as i haven't looked at the groups or their implications for how the tournament could play out - but that 'll be it

generally though i'll pretty much ignore it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if it was on PPV then "making a stand" would make more sense. I wouldn't go out of my way to fund this. But it's all free so...
    I don't see that me either ignoring it or fully engaging with it actually makes any difference, but if people want to do the former then that's fine.
    It does certainly feel different, partly because of where it is but the when is a big factor too. There isn't the World Cup buzz you usually get in the run up to a tournament. I'll probably watch here and there. I actually booked Monday afternoon off to watch the first England game but to be honest I don't care about it that much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)