User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal vs Ammers Player ratings and match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal vs Ammers Player ratings and match Reaction

Ramsdale 7 - Didn’t have awful lot to do, couldn’t have done much about the penalty and lovely save at the end from Fornals

White 8 - Solid defensively and getting forward

Saliba 6 - Grew into the game but started rusty and even though I’ll die on the hill that this wasn’t a pen, he shouldn’t have been sliding in like that

Gabriel 7 - Cool customer

Tierney 5 - got forward ok, but West Ham got too much joy down the right and we looked far better when he came off for Zinchenko

Partey 7 - Not one of his best performances but still did well and kept the engine ticking over

Xhaka 6 - Few indifferent first touches but generally did ok

Odegaard 9 - I don’t like agreeing with Ally McCoist but he was right, he was man of the match…his passing his forward drives, he was so technically good and so dynamic. Even the shit that didn’t come off like his mishit turned into the equaliser

Saka 8 - Playing for England is doing wonders for his confidence, Rice had to put in a shift to deal with him and in the end just ran out of steam…took his goal well

Martinelli 7 - Good runs but some of his final balls were a bit lacking, good composed finish although Flappy shouldn’t have been beaten at his near post

Edward 7 - Bit indifferent first half , but I think he was full of effort didn’t shy away…showed for everything and great turn for his goal

Zinchenko 7 - Decent cameo

Vieira/Elneny - Not worth giving a rating to

Interesting as come from behind wins go, I don’t think we massively upped our game second half because I don’t think we played that badly first half. Saka goal should have stood and I don’t think Saliba made contact
    Odegaard was sharp throughout, although I did see a lack of belief slip into our play after going behind, we got a massive slice of luck to equalise but after that it was all us and 3-1 was a completely deserved result. Not a faultless performance but a decent one after six weeks absence.

Harder games to come, real roll our sleeves up time

Edit Addendum - I think it sad that Wenger stayed away for so long, his documentary on Amazon suggested he wasn’t at all sure that he would get a good reception. I’m sorry he felt like that, but I’m glad he came back and got the reception he deserved
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 26-12-2022 at 10:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Ramsdale 7 - Didn’t have awful lot to do, couldn’t have done much about the penalty and lovely save at the end from Fornals

Saliba 6 - Grew into the game but started rusty and even though I’ll die on the hill that this wasn’t a pen, he shouldn’t have been sliding in like that

Tierney 5 - got forward ok, but West Ham got too much joy down the right and we looked far better when he came off for Zinchenko

Partey 7 - Not one of his best performances but still did well and kept the engine ticking over

Odegaard 9 - I don’t like agreeing with Ally McCoist but he was right, he was man of the match…his passing his forward drives, he was so technically good and so dynamic. Even the shit that didn’t come off like his mishit turned into the equaliser

Saka 8 - Playing for England is doing wonders for his confidence, Rice had to put in a shift to deal with him and in the end just ran out of steam…took his goal well

Martinelli 7 - Good runs but some of his final balls were a bit lacking, good composed finish although Flappy shouldn’t have been beaten at his near post

Edward 7 - Bit indifferent first half , but I think he was full of effort didn’t shy away…showed for everything and great turn for his goal

Interesting as come from behind wins go, I don’t think we massively upped our game second half because I don’t think we played that badly first half. Saka goal should have stood and I don’t think Saliba made contact
    Odegaard was sharp throughout, although I did see a lack of belief slip into our play after going behind, we got a massive slice of luck to equalise but after that it was all us and 3-1 was a completely deserved result. Not a faultless performance but a decent one after six weeks absence.

Edit Addendum - I think it sad that Wenger stayed away for so long, his documentary on Amazon suggested he wasn’t at all sure that he would get a good reception. I’m sorry he felt like that, but I’m glad he came back and got the reception he deserved
    An ok round up, but no one deserves a lower rating than Saliba who had the worst performance I have ever seen from him and the penalty he gave away was utterly stupid.

My MOTM however was another defender, Ben White, he was awesome and I am really beginning to rate Arteta as a coach because playing him where he plays is just genius. The lad is a really talented footballer who actually has a footballing brain and honestly could be really really special in a top team under a top manager (in Citeh with Pep basically ). The lad is great and I just hope people can see what he gives Saka that is so subtle but crucial. Awesome display, I really enjoyed watching him today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post

Pretty much agree, though I would give Xhaka maybe a 7, thought he was decent 2nd half. I would probably give Saliba a lower rating too, thought he was really shaky the entire game, almost rash at times with his positioning and distribution.

Next 2 league games coming up are going to be really difficult, Brighton away and Newcastle home, if we get through those with 4 or 6 points then we will be in a really strong position. We need bodies back asap, as in ESR and Nelson, our offensive options are poverty outside of the starters right now.

Sounds like Mudryk is close though,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really happy for Eddie. Important for him to hit the ground running before the doubts over his ability to deputise for Jesus kick in. That was a supreme turn and finish.

Brighton A
    Newcastle H
    Spurs A
    Man United H

Bloody tough run of games now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harsh rating of Tierney, Arteta had clearly told him to play inside, a la Zinchenko, but that just made him less effective.

Arteta just doesn't like him basically and Zinchenko coming on means that's it for him, think he'll go in the summer
    Last edited by Mac76; 27-12-2022 at 01:03 PM.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ncts-star.html

Henry was a no-nonsense defender.

228 headers from corners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Really happy for Eddie. Important for him to hit the ground running before the doubts over his ability to deputise for Jesus kick in. That was a supreme turn and finish.

Brighton A
    Newcastle H
    Spurs A
    Man United H

Bloody tough run of games now.
    Aye, Eddie’s goal was sublime, really top class centre forward play. I agree on our next set of fixtures, it’s a make or break run IMO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have allowed myself to start having thoughts about the title.
    But yes, let’s see where we are after that run. If we can emerge with a reasonable number of points and still on top the. We have to start taking ourselves seriously as contenders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we win the title by anything less than 7 points, I’ll be FUMING.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would be a decent haul i think but probably one of those wins will be a draw, the Brighton or Newcastle game maybe

Brighton A - 3 pts
    Newcastle H - 3 pts
    Spurs A - 1 pt
    Man United H - 3 pts