User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Man Utd (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Yeah, agree in general, though Saka should get like 9.5 cause no one was on his level.

Also not sure Tomi did much better in containing Rashford, in fact I am beginning to see our RB spot as another weak spot (especially if White is intending to have games like this in the future)

BTW, are you warming to Trossard now?
    Trossard is a perfectly decent player, I just don’t necessarily see him as being Arsenal level but will wait to see what he does. Plus It’s mainly his age in fairness, don’t want lots of cash spent on any player over 25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most significant trait for me is that this team seems unshakable. They’re so confident in their own ability it’s incredible to watch. Any set back is always met with such a positive response. They’re a young side but they deal with adversity better than the majority of experienced Arsenal players have over the past 15 years.

I’ve wanted Arteta out at various points in his tenure but he’s building something very worthwhile at the moment.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 22-01-2023 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The most significant trait for me is that this team seems unshakable. They’re so confident in their own ability it’s incredible to watch. Any set back is always met with such a positive response. They’re a young side but they deal with adversity better than the majority of experienced Arsenal players have over the past 15 years.

I’ve wanted Arteta out at various points in his tenure but he’s building something very worthwhile at the moment.
    This is the bit that does it for me. We are playing right now like a seasoned champion, it's so good to watch. Even when we went 1 down I knew we would come back, that's how much confidence I have in this team.

The quality of football we play now is really at a high level all over the pitch, sure there is room for improvement, but we are top for a reason and it's not just the results, it's the performances and the consistency of those performances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anthony is a shit player. There's nothing about him at all.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing after today is that Martin Tyler needs to be retired. There was a last minute winner in what was probably the biggest game of the season so far and he sounded like he was commentating a snooker match.

It’s been a noticeable thing this year over various games that sky just seem to lack the excitement they used to generate with teh commentary.

There are various clips of this season with Peter Drury commentating our games (i think he works for NBC) and he is so much better. Really helps enhance the moment compared to some of those on sky.

Perhaps majority of sky customers now prefer understated which is hwy they are doing but i doubt it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funnily enough with a few exceptions, I thought we were a bit under par today. Some really sloppy passing, especially in the first half. But we didn’t relent with the pressure and deserved the win regardless.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Anthony is a shit player. There's nothing about him at all.
    Was funny when Partey absolutely breezed past him. They've spent 100 mil on a winger that can't sprint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    One thing after today is that Martin Tyler needs to be retired. There was a last minute winner in what was probably the biggest game of the season so far and he sounded like he was commentating a snooker match.

It’s been a noticeable thing this year over various games that sky just seem to lack the excitement they used to generate with teh commentary.

There are various clips of this season with Peter Drury commentating our games (i think he works for NBC) and he is so much better. Really helps enhance the moment compared to some of those on sky.

Perhaps majority of sky customers now prefer understated which is hwy they are doing but i doubt it
    Agreed, Tyler and Neville are dreadful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice that old purple nose was there to witness it
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

I think it was you who highlighted last season how rarely we came back once we went behind.
    Now we seem to be able to get over the setback and beat teams.

From past experience you just get a feeling about a title winning side and I’m starting to feel that. City could go mental and win 12 games in a row and blitz us, they have that in them. But we have added some strength in depth in this window, they look in the mood and we have a real chance now.

No one saw this coming this year. Arteta