Get the fuck in.
    Great performance.
    Up yours Dyche man. You are going down.
    It's on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really mature and polished performance, particularly in the second half. It’s been a great response since the City defeat, shows we can deal with the adversity and pressure that’s inevitable when challenging for a title. Feel like we’ve got 13 cup finals because it is becoming a very real possibility with every 3 points we take now.

Bournemouth on Saturday, can’t afford to be complacent but a really good opportunity to keep the winning run going.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 02-03-2023 at 11:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Really mature and polished performance, particularly in the second half. It’s been a great response since the City defeat, shows we can deal with the adversity and pressure that’s inevitable when challenging for a title. Feel like we’ve got 13 cup finals because it is becoming a very real possibility with every 3 points we take now.

Bournemouth on Saturday, can’t afford to be complacent but a really good opportunity to keep the winning run going.
    Indeed. Winning the league has become a real possibility. Talking of REAL.
    The thing that worries me at the moment is how good Saka is looking. I read that Madrid are monitoring his contract extension progress and may be lining up a bid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we're definitely improving again, although i think the first goal was needed to just settle things down

but it's great to think we're hitting good form even before we get Jesus back

Ram - 8 - not much to do but good distribution and a great save
    Saliba - 8 - he and Gabriel were excellent
    Gabriel - 8
    White - 7
    Zinchenko - 7 - finally worked out that f you pass the ball forward immediately instead of taking 10 touches and then passing sideways, it can create, like, goals 'n' stuff
    Jorginho - 4 - not a good night for him I'm afraid, really off his game and made a lot of mistakes
    Partey - 7.5 - a big improvement and looks fully fit again
    Xhaka - 4 - slow and inaccurate as usual - time to replace him with Vieira from kick-off
    Odegaard - 7 - still not at his best but getting better - nice to see him take a shot and score
    Saka - 9 - what a player - end of
    Martinelli - 8.5 - what a player II
    Trossard - 8 - love the guy, creates movement and really lively

subs
    Tierney - 6 - poor guy, it was painful seeing the best LB in the country having to play completely out of position - Arteta is just torturing him now
    Vieira - 8 - always looks really effective when he comes on - needs to replace Xhaka permanently
    Eddie - 6 - we should persist with Trossard IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a stat this morning that said all of Sakas goals this season (i presume in the league rather than all comps) have been to either take the lead or equalise. So not only is he scoring but he’s scoring at big moments.

Hes been simply brilliant this year. If, and it’s still a big if, we win the league then he surely has to be the player of the year (or Odegard)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Saw a stat this morning that said all of Sakas goals this season (i presume in the league rather than all comps) have been to either take the lead or equalise. So not only is he scoring but he’s scoring at big moments.

Hes been simply brilliant this year. If, and it’s still a big if, we win the league then he surely has to be the player of the year (or Odegard)
    The stat is everywhere and truly remarkable....I mean I've been actively analysing this sport for over 3 decades and can't think of a player with a stat like this.

I had almost consigned myself to a draw till he scored that goal the way he scored it...truly the kid is heaven sent!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    The stat is everywhere and truly remarkable....I mean I've been actively analysing this sport for over 3 decades and can't think of a player with a stat like this.

I had almost consigned myself to a draw till he scored that goal the way he scored it...truly the kid is heaven sent!
    He needs to extend his contract.......now!
    Madrid are sniffing around and so will City before long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post

Fuck me, man

Nauseating stuff.

The same stat was going around about Rashford last month, ffs. Dunno what the fuck you've been analysing for the last 40 years. Small children, most likely. A goal is a goal and when it is scored doesn't really reflect on the player at all, ffs

I tell you what Saka needs to counts his blessing for, idiots who check teletext and see he's scored so ignore his general contributions to games which are mostly dire.

Today again he was utterly abject. Missed two sitters countless chances died at his feet.

The favoritism/lazy journalism is too embedded in fitba fans noo though and he's completely immune to any sort of scrutiny. Mental stuff.