User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Player Rating and Match Reaction Fulham 0-3 Arsenal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Yeah, City seem to have the knack against us. However, we can still afford to lose one. COYG.
    I didn't mean in the 6 pointer, although...yes. I meant just generally. They have it in them to just win and win until we buckle.
    But they also have it in them to slip on banana skins so I guess we'll see. We're a million miles ahead of where any of us thought we'd be at this stage.
    We remain 1 point off where the Invincibles were at this stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Saw the highlights, looked like a pretty commanding performance.
    I call bullshit on the disallowed OG, another one of those where they're looking to see if a toenail is offside. Just deal with the really glaring errors and let that stuff go. On we go
    My understanding with offside was that unless it was glaring to give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking player. There are a few occasions where goals have been disallowed and they were offside (like the Saka goal against Leicester where VAR confirmed the on field decision). But it feels too often that instead of correcting terrible mistakes, VAR largely is used to find any reason to chalk off a goal.

I don’t buy into the Anti Arsenal agenda being propagated by Arsenal twitter, it’s just inconsistent decision making…if they were trying to help City win the title they surely wouldn’t have allowed Bruno Fernandes’ goal to stand at OT back in January.

What I think is lacking is a rule book that allows VAR to be consistently applied across the board. The problem isn’t the technology it’s the flawed people in charge of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think VAR needs to build in a “linesman’s call” option for offsides similar to cricket.

I cant remember the exact parameters in cricket but for LBW, if less then 50% of the ball I think is hitting the stumps, they go umpires call so if it was given out, it stays out and vice Versa.

So football needs a decision from teh linesman and if it is within a certain parameter, they go with the original decision. Yesterday, i think the linesman would have given it given he didnt raise his flag when it was scored and so we would avoid a situation where vAR are zooming in so much to see if a big toe is offside, the pictures go blurry. Whereas if a player is 3 yards offside, it’s clear and decision would be overturned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Yeah, City seem to have the knack against us. However, we can still afford to lose one. COYG.
    That’s on the basis we go there having matched City blow for blow. If they’re within touching distance of us before that game I think it’s probably curtains. They dispatched us with ease last month and there’s no real reason it won’t happen again, especially at their place.

My concern right now is winning the next 2 against Palace and Leeds, which means we can go to Anfield with room for error.

I’d be very confident if we didn’t have these 2 specific fixtures to play still, but Anfield and the Etihad are big graveyard fixtures for us. We will have to overcome huge psychological hurdles to get over the line because it’s literally been years since we even got a draw in these games.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 13-03-2023 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

I’d be very confident if we didn’t have these 2 specific fixtures to play still, but Anfield and the Etihad are big graveyard fixtures for us. We will have to overcome huge psychological hurdles to get over the line because it’s literally been years since we even got a draw in these games.
    yeah it's these two games that mean I can't get as excited as i'd like to be at this stage

I do believe in our team, having Jesus back is a huge boost as he has no fear - neither tbf do players like Martinelli and Saka

but we have to work on the basis we'll get nothing at Anfield or the Etihad

so it's about winning the other nine games and then needing Citeh to lose or draw at least one more game - it is possible it will happen, as they're having to balance the FAC, CL and PL at the same time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramsey 5
    Looked shaky to me.

Zinchenko 6
    Does what he's told...I just don't really like it, but can't hold it against him

Saliba 6
    Better. Looked solid.

Gabriel 6
    Better. Looked solid.

White 5
    Meh. Really doesn't do much, does he? Ok at defending, I guess. Pretty non existent offensively. Just don't get him.

Partey 9
    Just imperious. What a fuckin player. Those constant things he does that look simple as fuck are unbelievably difficult.

Xhaka 4.
    Genuinely shite at fitba. That miss was outrageous. Bizarre in that he seems to be the antithesis of what Arteta wants from his players, quick, progressive and decisive in tight spaces, but is the second name on the team sheet.

Odegaard 8
    Just a lovely player.

Trossard 9.
    I love him. Does everything well.

Martinelli 7
    Decent enough.

Was good to see Jesus pick up where he left off 3 months ago...missing sitters.

Viera... definitely looking more comfortable and you can see he has a bit about him. Needs a run of starts to really blossom. Should definitely be starting ahead of Xhaka.

Edit: someone just mentioned Saka played yesterday. I double checked and he actually did. Must be time to wheel out the old "he's tired/needs a rest/played too many games/any other excuse rather than calling a spade a spade" trope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calling a spade a spade? Maybe Letters was right when he called you a racist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    saw someone point out on Twitter that we're now five wins away from St Totteringham's Day