User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal 4-1 Palace Player Ratings and Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    we murdered Palace today - can't be bothered with individual scores but no-one was below an 8

Holding did a great job

away at Anfield and Citeh is really tough though and I still think we need to Citeh to drop points elsewhere

but hey I'm all in for the ride

Quite a few players were considerably below an 8 but it didn’t matter because Palace were shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Quite a few players were considerably below an 8 but it didn’t matter because Palace were shit
    Your team scores are absurd for a team who won 4-1 and are top of the league

Do we need 11 hatters to get everyone above an 8?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Your team scores are absurd for a team who won 4-1 and are top of the league

Do we need 11 hatters to get everyone above an 8?
    It wouldn’t be possible for any performance to be good enough so that every player gets an 8

For example If Ramsdale got an 8 for incredible saves it means the midfield and defence haven’t been doing their job and he’s had to make those saves to begin with.

Equally if the players in front of you have been so dominant that there’s been hardly any defending to do or saves to make…there really isn’t any need to give out 6’s or at most 7.

The perfect performance doesn't exist and this was far from it anyhow. Sloppy in possession at times, bit too casual second half (again that’s to be expected to a degree).

It was a good performance, but equally Palace have to be one of the worst teams we’ve played at the Emirates this season. Decent players, and they weren’t deliberately not trying just bereft of confidence. And I think we’d have had a harder game if Paddy was still at the helm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like last year, Tomiyasu is expected to miss the remainder of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Tomi but we need players to be more reliable
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Just like last year, Tomiyasu is expected to miss the remainder of the season.
    Sell him, he's dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I think if we come through the game at Anfield unscathed I’d then expect us to go on and win it. It’s a graveyard for us and I think it would be a psychological boost to even get a draw there.

Obviously having to play City away is a killer but keeping the cushion we’ve got over them is key. If they’re within striking distance of us before that game then I think we’d be in trouble.
    Aye, I'm pretty much in agreement here, though I do think as long as we do not lose at Anfield, The Etihad and St James's Park then I think we will most likely be Champions.

It is going to be very tight despite our current points advantage as City seem to be back now and are very capable of winning all of their remaining games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically it’s about ranking the ten remaining fixtures in terms of difficulty

10) Southampton (H)
    9) Leeds (H)
    8) Wolves (H)
    7) Forest (A)
    6) West Ham (A)
    5) Brighton (H)
    4) Chelsea (H)
    3) Newcastle (A)
    2) Liverpool (A)
    1) City (A)

Now some people find rank 4-10 slightly differently, but I think we all know the three toughest fixtures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s pretty much right. Chelsea will be interesting because they’re not playing for anything and would obviously love to spoil things for us. At home though we should be confident enough to see them off.

Would be nice if Brighton made the cup final too, as they would possibly zone out for the rest of the league campaign after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Basically it’s about ranking the ten remaining fixtures in terms of difficulty

10) Southampton (H)
    9) Leeds (H)
    8) Wolves (H)
    7) Forest (A)
    6) West Ham (A)
    5) Brighton (H)
    4) Chelsea (H)
    3) Newcastle (A)
    2) Liverpool (A)
    1) City (A)

Now some people find rank 4-10 slightly differently, but I think we all know the three toughest fixtures
    9 wins guarantee us the tittle.

You would have to think, bar Chelsea at home, all other home games should be won so thats 4 wins. West Ham & forest away should also be wins so thats 6. We then need 3 wins out of Chelsea, Newcastle, city and Liverpool. I think 2 wins there would be huge.

Of rouse football doenst work like this but i think 6 wins is a minimum out of the remaining games and if city drop points as well, a few draws could do it.