User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal 4-1 Palace Player Ratings and Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal 4-1 Palace Player Ratings and Match Reaction

Ramsdale 6 - Not much he could do for the Schlupp goal, but was almost beaten at his near post by Zaha and rescued by the woodwork

White 7 - Has been really good from an attacking point of view lately

Holding 5 - Silly cunt put in an ugly challenge in the first half which he could have been booked for and gave palace the chance to almost take the lead. Protected from himself by White and Gabriel

Gabriel 7 - Solid as usual

Zinchenko 5 - Quiet which is what I like to see

Partey 6 - Can be lazy and sloppy in possession of late, almost got us into trouble a couple of times today

Xhaka 6 - Getting into more advanced positions the last few games and positions himself well to mop up chances

Odegaard 6 - Someone needs to have a word with him about defending set pieces

Martinelli 8 - No sign that missing the penalty on Thursday has affected him. Good performance

Trossard 8 - Makes things happen

Saka 8 - First goal was good, second goal was even better

Subs

Jesus 7 - Feeling his way back in, love how he makes defences nervous

Jorginho 6 - Nothing much to do

Tierney 6 - No frills cameo, nice assist for the 4th goal

Smith-Rowe 5 - Completely anonymous

Kiwior 7 - Nice interception right at the end

I wasn’t happy to see Holding start and his lack of pace, game awareness and his propensity for reckless tackling could have cost us early on….if Saliba isn’t back by the time we go to Anfield I will be very nervous.
    Another side that put in a deep block and was going to be hard to break down opened up with one bit of good play…like how White and Saka work together on that right hand side it’s very effective.
    I complain about some schoolboy errors but in fairness, as much as I didn’t give a shit about going out of the Europa league this made this a pressure game for us and we dealt with that admirably.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 19-03-2023 at 04:56 PM.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Win the next 8 and we're Champions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Yep, don’t think we are going to win the next eight though

The way I see it. Seven games are must wins….Leeds, West Ham, Southampton, Chelsea, Forest, Brighton and Wolves

The other three are must not lose….Man City, Liverpool and Newcastle

That of course would give us the same points total as winning 8 games and would make us champions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It of course assumed Man City don't drop points anywhere apart from us.

The fact is though, it's all very real now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City's next game is Liverpool
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    City's next game is Liverpool
    Liverpool have a wretched away record and haven’t won at the Etihad in the league since 2015

If City drop points between now and the end of the season and there’s no guarantee they will. Brighton, Brentford and Everton away could be where it happens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brighton, Brentford and Fulham away are such dangerous floater teams to be facing at the end.

In terms of teams, we play a lot of the same as Man City. Perhaps it's balanced in their favour by them having those 'tougher' games at home but then they haven't been as good as us away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    That’s not going to happen. But I can’t see City winning all their games, especially given their continued participation in the Cups. Our run in worries me but we are certainly giving ourselves a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if we come through the game at Anfield unscathed I’d then expect us to go on and win it. It’s a graveyard for us and I think it would be a psychological boost to even get a draw there.

Obviously having to play City away is a killer but keeping the cushion we’ve got over them is key. If they’re within striking distance of us before that game then I think we’d be in trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we murdered Palace today - can't be bothered with individual scores but no-one was below an 8

Holding did a great job

away at Anfield and Citeh is really tough though and I still think we need to Citeh to drop points elsewhere

but hey I'm all in for the ride