User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Run-In thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Man City have to win every game really, don't think anything else will do them.
    Why do you think that?
    They’ve got a game in hand. Win that and the gap is only 5 points. Beat us and it’s 2. That’s only us drawing while they win and they’re above us on GD. Given our run in I’d say that’s all fairly plausible.
    The hope is we will get a point at The Ethiad and City will be focusing more on the CL and slip up here and there.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simply because I think we'll win most of ours. If they drop points and we gain, well they need another game needed, possibly two to get it back in their favour.

And there aren't many games to get them back in.

If Man City replicate the amount of points they got in the last 11 games last season it puts them on 91. I don't think that will be enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Why do you think that?
    They’ve got a game in hand. Win that and the gap is only 5 points. Beat us and it’s 2. That’s only us drawing while they win and they’re above us on GD. Given our run in I’d say that’s all fairly plausible.
    The hope is we will get a point at The Ethiad and City will be focusing more on the CL and slip up here and there.
    Of course missing out on the title would be gutting at this stage given how close we are for hte first time in 20 years.

But this season has been one of the most enjoyable to follow arsenal for years. We have actually turned up and won big games both home & away. I dont think i have celebrated a winner as much as i did Nketiah’s against united (i missed the end of Bournemouth game) because for the first time in years, that winner actually meant something. It took us clear at the top etc rather than just a good win after a miserable run like previous years.

Of course trophies matter but i suspect many would rather follow this team this year & come up short then the previous years of top four battles, miles off a title challenge, dull football & perhaps an FA Cup win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Confident Maccy

The 6 "easiest" ones I think we'll win. It's the other 4 which worry me. Anfield has been a graveyard for us. City spank us every time we play them.
    Less worried about the other 2 but they're not gimmes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Of course trophies matter but i suspect many would rather follow this team this year & come up short then the previous years of top four battles, miles off a title challenge, dull football & perhaps an FA Cup win.
    I agree, we've a young team who can only get better so it would bode well for the future either way.

Teh really gutting thing though would be if we lost it by 1 or 2 points, i.e. the points we were denied by VAR in the Brentford game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Confident Maccy

The 6 "easiest" ones I think we'll win. It's the other 4 which worry me. Anfield has been a graveyard for us. City spank us every time we play them.
    Less worried about the other 2 but they're not gimmes.
    so one of those tricky ones is no doubt Newcastle away, what do you think the other one is? I think Chelsea will be tricky even though it's at our place - Brighton won't be that easy either, they're scoring for fun atm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    so one of those tricky ones is no doubt Newcastle away, what do you think the other one is? I think Chelsea will be tricky even though it's at our place - Brighton won't be that easy either, they're scoring for fun atm
    Yes, Chelsea at home is the other one I meant. Should win, but they'll probably raise their game against us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    If that's the case arsenal have to win all but the City game.

I think City are favorites, man. Call me negative but their tough games are mostly at home. Arsenal's are away. Lose at City, which is the most likely result, then even drawing another game would allow City to takeover on goal difference.

That said, 10 games is a huge chunk of a season and there'll be unexpected points dropped by both teams.
    As much as it sickens me to say this, I agree

City do have the easier fixtures in that they have to play their hardest games at home

They have an 84% win record at home this season (having beaten all but Brentford and Everton)

Them beating us at home does seem the likeliest outcome (we’ve won 11 away games this season but we’ve only played further north than the midlands three times and lost two of those)

It’s not to say we can’t beat them or get a draw, it’s just not the most likeliest outcome

However I caveat this by saying I find it hard to imagine that they won’t drop points away from home from their remaining five fixtures (Brighton, Brentford, Fulham, Southampton, Everton)

I think you could argue that the one point from three games in February really harmed us in terms of not creating a cushion…..coming into April.

But yeah I’d say I was hopeful more than Optimistic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Man City have to win every game really, don't think anything else will do them.

I don't think you can go from winning 3 maximum in a row win the league all season to then winning what would be 14 in a row.
    I don't think they do though.

I think Arsenal get around 16-18 points from here out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find no solace in the fixture math but, I tell you what, I sat and watched City against Fulham (the only time I've seen them other than against arsenal) and I was genuinely surprised at how shit they were. Equally surprising neither KdB or Foden played which could explain the poor performance but I'm really hopeful they drop those bonus unexpected points