Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scummy and marginal gains.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Copyright strike I guess. Put another link in now.
    That's outrageous, definite red and a pel

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither happened.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Foden had surgery for appendicitis.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Except with having led for so long it will be disappointing, I thought when Citeh briefly went ahead it was all over, this team keeps surprising me and the longer it goes on the harder it will be if we don't make it

It will be bittersweet if we miss out.
    It would have been completely unreasonable to expect a title challenge this year given where we’ve been over the last few season. So whatever happens it’s been an incredible effort. But to miss out having come so far will be hard to take.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

It will be bittersweet if we miss out.
    It would have been completely unreasonable to expect a title challenge this year given where we’ve been over the last few season. So whatever happens it’s been an incredible effort. But to miss out having come so far will be hard to take.

I will be disappointed for sure but at no point have I expected that we would win the title

Simply because of the having to play City and Liverpool away from home in April, we don’t have enough of a cushion to say we can lose those games and win the league and we’ve lost in those fixtures going back to 2016

That’s not me saying we will lose both games, I’m reasonably hopeful of getting something at Anfield. And I do think we can beat City….but I wouldn’t make us favourites for either game I would make the home sides so.

I’m always disappointed to lose any game. But as I’ve said earlier in this thread, I’m hopeful not expectant of the title

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I will be disappointed for sure but at no point have I expected that we would win the title

Simply because of the having to play City and Liverpool away from home in April, we don’t have enough of a cushion to say we can lose those games and win the league and we’ve lost in those fixtures going back to 2016

That’s not me saying we will lose both games, I’m reasonably hopeful of getting something at Anfield. And I do think we can beat City….but I wouldn’t make us favourites for either game I would make the home sides so.

I’m always disappointed to lose any game. But as I’ve said earlier in this thread, I’m hopeful not expectant of the title
    I’ve never “expected” us to.
    Up until the World Cup I never seriously contemplated it as a possibility. We’d started the season better than any of us had a right to expect, but I couldn’t see us sustaining it.
    A mate has said to me a couple of times that if we don’t do it then it will be the biggest collapse since Newcastle in 1996. That is obvious bollocks and I suspect he’s trolling me (he is a bit like that).
    His reasoning, on cross examination, is that Arsenal were 8 points clear at the turn of the year. We were, but as I have patiently explained to him, because of the World Cup that was only 16 games in. To compare that to Newcastle who were 9 points clear with a game in hand after 24 games is absurd.
    Anyway, it always felt to me that City would just bulldoze us. Our squad depth was lacking, theirs isn’t and they’ve been there and done it multiple times before.

But after the World Cup we just kept going. I’ve found you just get a feeling about a title winning side, and after the Spurs and Utd games I got that feeling. They just kept passing the tests. We’d done good business in January to address the squad depth. It started to feel like we had a real chance.

But…then we had the wobble. City rolled us over too easily. You don’t lose at home to your rivals in a title winning season. But the response has been fantastic and we’ve given ourselves a real chance again. I can’t help feeling City will reel us in, but I’m hoping they get so embroiled in the cup competitions they slip up a few times. If City win the games they “should” win then with our run in I don’t think we have a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I’ve never “expected” us to.
    Up until the World Cup I never seriously contemplated it as a possibility. We’d started the season better than any of us had a right to expect, but I couldn’t see us sustaining it.
    A mate has said to me a couple of times that if we don’t do it then it will be the biggest collapse since Newcastle in 1996. That is obvious bollocks and I suspect he’s trolling me (he is a bit like that).
    His reasoning, on cross examination, is that Arsenal were 8 points clear at the turn of the year. We were, but as I have patiently explained to him, because of the World Cup that was only 16 games in. To compare that to Newcastle who were 9 points clear with a game in hand after 24 games is absurd.
    Well if it's the biggest bottle since Newcastle, that would imply that the Newcastle one is still bigger than this would be

But then you have United in 2012 so yeah.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Well if it's the biggest bottle since Newcastle, that would imply that the Newcastle one is still bigger than this would be
    I don't think he's claiming that this would be worse, but even comparison to that seems ridiculous to me.
    We've never been so far clear that it was "ours to lose". Sure, it was 8 points at the turn of the year but with 16 games gone that's far too early to be planning the open top bus parade route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I’m just going to assume City will win all their games. We need to take care of ourselves.
    I am leaning towards thinking this too. We are going to need to have an almost flawless run-in points wise IMO because I think City will.