User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Run-In thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Arteta bashing stuff from Arsenal fans is bollocks
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can wring our hands about West Ham or Southampton. There have been other slips during the season, but there have been a lot of good wins and rescued points or 3 points.
    Ultimately it’s the head to heads with City that’s cost us. Even a draw in one of those games and we’d be 3 points ahead of them with them having a game in hand. Still in their hands with their GD, but we’d be in a very strong position. If we’d got 2 draws then we’d be champions. Not for nothing are they called 6 pointers. If City weren’t so relentless then we’d be champions, but even with them winning every game, we could still have won the title had we not lost to them twice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    This Arteta bashing stuff from Arsenal fans is bollocks
    Agreed. Short memories.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Agreed. Short memories.
    Depends what you call bashing. Pointing out flaws (while commending the manager's extraordinary performance- albeit on other threads) is not this. You can be happy with Arteta's development of this team - which I am and have defended countless times - while being frustrated with things that have almost certainly let a title within our grasp slip. Doesn't make me less of a fan...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Depends what you call bashing. Pointing out flaws (while commending the manager's extraordinary performance- albeit on other threads) is not this. You can be happy with Arteta's development of this team - which I am and have defended countless times - while being frustrated with things that have almost certainly let a title within our grasp slip. Doesn't make me less of a fan...
    This

The alternative is pledging blind allegiance, I'll no more do that with Arteta than I would with King Bigears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    I assumed the post I was responding to was related to the batch of YouTube knowitalls that have been offering their advice to Arteta on everything from team selection through his post match interview techniques. I dig into AFTV from time to time to see what the fans look like these days. They are all so serious about it, like I used to be. I'm happy not to be like that any more. It's kind of liberating. It'd also be a fun exercise to actually let some of these clowns manage the club for a bit. Can't afford the relegation though, I suppose.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFTV? That very quickly became a pastiche of itself, it was the progenitor of what seems to exist in all football clubs how…a you tube channel for football fans. Our one became far more about the contributors themselves than the football. You have one contributor who has subsequently died who clearly was mentally unwell (and I don’t mean that in a pejorative way, clearly suffering from acute depression to the point where even the guy who runs the show actually addressed it) and one who has been imprisoned for trying to kidnap his ex girlfriend.

It had little value in terms of information, and was more a source of entertainment to other fans

I find myself quite taken with the Bournemouth fan channel, a club that feels like it has a big connection with its fan base.

As for fans with opinions, well this place wouldn’t survive without it.