Thread: Player Rating and Match Reaction - Arsenal 4-1 Leeds United

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    HCZ giving nearly everyone a 6 for a 4-1 win

Ridiculous as always...
    6 means you played ok, you weren’t brilliant but you weren’t terrible either. I think balancing out the first half performance which was insipid with the second half which was better a 6 is about right.

Jesus was dangerous all game, Martinelli had to deal with being our main attacking outlet without Saka and a rather mooted performance from Trossard and Ramsdale made some decent saves but I think apart from that no one stood out.

White did ok getting forward but was poor defensively

Xhaka the same

We are playing a relegation battling team, and they were on the front foot for first half an hour…just because we turned the screw second half doesn’t make it a good performance it makes it an ok one.

Maybe your standards are not as high as mine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry but it's still absurdly unrealistic, in any reasonable measure 6 out of 10 is very sub-standard

we weren't terrible in the first half, just a bit nervy but we put pressure on, got the pel and pushed home the advantage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry but it's still absurdly unrealistic, in any reasonable measure 6 out of 10 is very sub-standard

we weren't terrible in the first half, just a bit nervy but we put pressure on, got the pel and pushed home the advantage
    No it’s not at all

5 or below is sub-standard. If you got 60% in a university exam that’s a 2:1 grade

I’m sorry but when you are at home and you’re giving a relegation threatened side the chance to go ahead on at least three occasions that at the very least is poor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I wouldn’t take a draw because it would probably give City control. As difficult as it’s going to be, we need to win. A draw is satisfactory as it means a difficult game out the way without losing but it’s really going to be on a knife edge then, where any dropped points after could be fatal.
    Looking at the away games at Liverpool, City and Newcastle, this is why I believe we will finish second. However, for how shit we were a year or so ago, this is still a massive achievement. I would still be gutted though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    No it’s not at all

5 or below is sub-standard. If you got 60% in a university exam that’s a 2:1 grade

I’m sorry but when you are at home and you’re giving a relegation threatened side the chance to go ahead on at least three occasions that at the very least is poor.
    Citeh-Livepool would have been closer if Liverpool had taken all their chances, it's just football, it's never one-way traffic, you seem to deduct a point from each of our players every time the other team has a shot on goal, sorry but you're just being silly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Looking at the away games at Liverpool, City and Newcastle, this is why I believe we will finish second. However, for how shit we were a year or so ago, this is still a massive achievement. I would still be gutted though
    The thing is, we are a completely different animal now, us and City are by some distance the best teams in the league right now. The reason I am skeptical about us winning the title is because of the injury to Saliba, with a fully fit squad I would actually fancy us to go to Anfield next Sunday and come away with a result. If Holding plays then I think it could be a real struggle, I definitely think that of the City game and the Newcastle game whilst it will be really tough, I kind of fancy us to go up there and play them off the park.

That's the difference these days, this team has shown that it can go anywhere with the exception of Man City and control games. I guess we just have to wait and see, the good thing is we do have a points advantage which could prove the difference come the end of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citeh-Livepool would have been closer if Liverpool had taken all their chances, it's just football, it's never one-way traffic, you seem to deduct a point from each of our players every time the other team has a shot on goal, sorry but you're just being silly
    It’s not about having a shot on goal it’s about letting them run riot for thirty minutes. City controlled that game against Liverpool from start to finish. I would say Leeds created more chances against us than Liverpool did at the Etihad. One is a side perennially battling relegation, the other is a team that was a whisker away from winning the title last season.

These things of course happen, but we’ve conceded 18 goals in 15 home games this season so for my money it’s happened too often. Defences deserve 7s and 8s when we keep clean sheets.

Midfields deserve 7s and 8s when they control the game and don’t allow the opposing midfield free rein for about 30% of the game.

We need to tighten up in every area if we are to get anything against Liverpool. Fortunately games like Everton and United aside…we more often than not are more compact and solid away from home and generally my scoring for the players is higher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but the way you hand out low scores, we'll finish first or second with our players (according to you) averaging 6 or 7 out of 10

It's rubbish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but the way you hand out low scores, we'll finish first or second with our players (according to you) averaging 6 or 7 out of 10

It's rubbish

In your opinion

I don’t think it’s escaped anyone’s attention that the defence especially has been a little shaky of late and that’s before Saliba got injured

Plus it’s in the name…player ratings….why bump up the rating of a player who didn’t play well because the team got a result

I don’t get the need to put it in additional context, maybe I should give Zinchenko and Xhaka higher scores because they are largely incapable of playing better but on the whole just because you get away with making a mistake doesn’t mean it should be ignored.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's an opinion bordering on fact, given i don't think anyone (apart from you apparently) would say any team could be top of the league while all its players were averaging 6 or 7 out of ten.

it's clearly nonsense, as I say the odd error or so-so patch in a game is just football, whereas you deduct a point every time a player misplaces a single pass, it's just tosh